Cooking with Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking with Studes

Well, while we DO have Stewed tomatoes, we don't have one such as Mr. Harbit drives.[V] However, I've come up with a 2R hottie that really cooks!
    Having dropped my favorite big glass lid (and watched in amazement while it DIDN'T break![:0]), I still was inconvenienced with the fact that the plastic knob on the lid broke. It was basically unuseable without a way to grip it when hot.
    I thought about my drawer full of all kinds of knobs. The 2R truck knob practically jumped out of the drawer to volunteer!
    Maybe a 9-inch brake drum for a cake pan or a Jello mold? The possibilities are wheeling around in my head![)]

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...6/9/7/knob.jpg [/img]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

quote:Maybe a 9-inch brake drum for a cake pan or a Jello mold? The possibilities are wheeling around in my head!
    Biggs... your wife has the patience of a saint! LMAO

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Maybe a 9-inch brake drum for a cake pan or a Jello mold? The possibilities are wheeling around in my head!
      Biggs... your wife has the patience of a saint! LMAO

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

How about a valve cover bread loaf pan?

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

How about a valve cover bread loaf pan?

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Years ago there was a cookbook that gave recipes for cooking whole meals on the engine during roadtrips; two pound roast, onions and taters, wrapped in foil, drive two hours, turn it over, drive another two hours, stop at roadside rest and eat.

Anyone remember that?

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            33 Rockne 10
            51 Commander Starlight
            53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Years ago there was a cookbook that gave recipes for cooking whole meals on the engine during roadtrips; two pound roast, onions and taters, wrapped in foil, drive two hours, turn it over, drive another two hours, stop at roadside rest and eat.

Anyone remember that?

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              33 Rockne 10
              51 Commander Starlight
              53 Commander Starlight

previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Yes Brad i do.I had a copy of it years ago.Now i gotta go search thru 20 odd boxes n try to find it.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

Yes Brad i do.I had a copy of it years ago.Now i gotta go search thru 20 odd boxes n try to find it.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Comment

I had a buddy that cooked the plastic handle off a Craftsman screwdriver by leaving it (accidentally) laying across the exhaust manifold of an Austin-Healey 3000 one time. Freaked out the owner of the car when he was driving it home - all that smoke coming from under the hood![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I had a buddy that cooked the plastic handle off a Craftsman screwdriver by leaving it (accidentally) laying across the exhaust manifold of an Austin-Healey 3000 one time. Freaked out the owner of the car when he was driving it home - all that smoke coming from under the hood![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

I pulled into a Goodguys event one time with my Model A running a
                        S2D motor.
                        My breakfast burrito went cold so I stuffed it under the intake to
                        warm up while I went for a cup of Coffee.

Two old timers were watching me and started cracking up, I just
                        smiled and came back to a toasty warm breakfast burrito.

Comment

I pulled into a Goodguys event one time with my Model A running a
                          S2D motor.
                          My breakfast burrito went cold so I stuffed it under the intake to
                          warm up while I went for a cup of Coffee.

Two old timers were watching me and started cracking up, I just
                          smiled and came back to a toasty warm breakfast burrito.

Comment

Brilliant idea with the knob, Bob! I can see hubcaps being used for chex mix, etc., at pot lucks!
                            While on the subject of inventive ways to keep food warm, when I began my radio career, we would keep soup and other hot foods on a shelf inside the doors of the transmitter. A few years later, I moved to a more powerful station in a larger market and a few days into my new gig, with lunchbag in hand, opened a transmitter door and it tripped the station off the air & set off alarms. The techs came running and this hillbilly has some 'splaining to do!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Brilliant idea with the knob, Bob! I can see hubcaps being used for chex mix, etc., at pot lucks!
                              While on the subject of inventive ways to keep food warm, when I began my radio career, we would keep soup and other hot foods on a shelf inside the doors of the transmitter. A few years later, I moved to a more powerful station in a larger market and a few days into my new gig, with lunchbag in hand, opened a transmitter door and it tripped the station off the air & set off alarms. The techs came running and this hillbilly has some 'splaining to do!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Working...
                              X