Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of the '47 Woody

Chris Dresbach

Nice job, young man ! Thanks to those folks you mentioned, but also to you for helping make others aware and doing your part in preserving the cars, parts, and history. John

Comment

My wife made a contribution to the Woody fund and got a T-Shirt. I will remember this every time I wear it.

Comment

Excellent thesis! And sure covered the subject.

John

Comment

That is really cool. A fitting tribute and well put together!
          55 Commander Regal Coupe
          XA Bat (The Roadwarrior)
          KARR (Knightrider)
          Eleanor (ORIGINAL Gone in 60 Seconds)

Mad Max Car\'s \"Hero Car Ranch\"; Seattle, Wa.

Comment

That is quite a write up. Your story helps to preserve the facts of the "Woody".
            I will leave it up to your English teacher to dock you on the numerous grammatical errors and at least one factual error (1980 was not "50+ years" after 1947).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Chris, you're a teriffic writer. I loved your account of the saving of the Woody and all the folks who were involved.
              My wife & I had the privilege of seeing the restored car at the last South Bend Int'l meet in 2012. I couldn't stop taking photos of the car. It truly is beautiful and the restoration is sensational.
              By the way, I appreciated your guided tour of the new Studebaker International facility in South Bend.
              Thanks again.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Soo.. was this woody the only one ever produced by studebaker? I did a google image search and found hundreds of them.

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
                  Soo.. was this woody the only one ever produced by studebaker? I did a google image search and found hundreds of them.
                  It was the only car based 1947 wooden wagon. There were many Studebaker wooden wagons built on a Studebaker truck chassis.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X