Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on Price of Champ, Please

Hello, all.

I'm planning to make an offer for a Champ pickup sometime in the next week. Problem is, I have no idea what this thing is worth -- even ballpark. The price guides seem to be all over the map. I know "hey-what's-this-thing-worth" requests drive posters nuts, but all I need is a base-line on which to go from.

I haven't see the truck up close since 1992. Right now it's sitting beside the owner's house. Here are the particulars --
    • It's a '61-'64; it's got the Dodge-derived full-width box.
    • It hasn't been on the road for at least 5 years, possibly 10.
    • It's definately in #4 condition.
    • There is minimal rust visible, but as we all know, looks can be deceving. Don't know about the condition of the box.
    • Otherwise, the body looks to be fairly solid. No idea if there's any body filler.
    • The glass is all there. Don't know if there has been any delamination.
    • No idea about the interior.
    • No idea about engine. I do know that when it was running about town in the late 80's/early 90's, the exhaust had a nice V8-ish burble, but whether it was the original Stude motor or a version of the ubiquitous Chevy 350, I don't know.
    • No idea about the tranny. Again, from what I remember when it was tooling around, I think it was an auto, but no clue if it was original.
    • Wheels are non-original, chrome wagon-wheels with wide rubber.

Thanks,

Scott McElheney
    • 1967 AMC Ambassador DPL
    • 1970 IH 1200D Travelette (That's a 3/4-ton crew cab pickup for those who don't speak Cornbinder.)
    • 1966 IH Scout 800
    • 1929 Ford Model A Tudor
    • But no Studes - yet.

Hey Scott, Glad to see u came to the source for asking info. There are many gentlemen here that know much more about studes than I do. However, the first thing anyone is going to say is, "find out more about it." It's difficult to give even a "ball park" figure on what little info u do know. If it's possible, go check it out, take notes, ask questions, then come back with more solid information. Then someone will have a better idea and will be able to give u a more accurate estimate. Besides, u wouldn't want to buy something that u don't know that much about would u? I know from personal experience how one can get over excited about buying a car. Take your time, and check it out for it will help prevent buyers remorse when u get it home and find out that there was much more wrong with it than u expected. Just trying to help.

Comment

Hey Scott, Glad to see u came to the source for asking info. There are many gentlemen here that know much more about studes than I do. However, the first thing anyone is going to say is, "find out more about it." It's difficult to give even a "ball park" figure on what little info u do know. If it's possible, go check it out, take notes, ask questions, then come back with more solid information. Then someone will have a better idea and will be able to give u a more accurate estimate. Besides, u wouldn't want to buy something that u don't know that much about would u? I know from personal experience how one can get over excited about buying a car. Take your time, and check it out for it will help prevent buyers remorse when u get it home and find out that there was much more wrong with it than u expected. Just trying to help.

Comment

Working...
      X