• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers were everywhere!

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Interesting. I spent a week in Mallorca in '71 and I didn't see any Studebakers.
    Last edited by 53k; 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

A woman that I know just came from Mallorca, Spain. She smiled because I did not understand.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
        Interesting. I spent a week in Mallocra in '71 and I didn't see any Studebakers.
        I think this picture was post card and was much earlier than your visit. See the Studebaker in this picture really took me by surprise.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

Has anybody seen any Studes in Cuba or Americans even permitted to travel there? Whenever any of my fellow Canadians come back from a Cuban vacation I always try to find a Stude in the photos but so far no luck. Maybe Studes were never exported to Cuba before the revolution?
          \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
          Jim Mann
          Victoria, B.C.
          Canada

Comment

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

See also September 2007 Turning Wheels page 33 ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                A woman that I know just came from Mallorca, Spain. She smiled because I did not understand.
                Sheez! I can't believe that nobody picked up on my reference! Some 70s veterans you all are...

Maybe if I gave the correct spelling of Majorca, and mentioned Ringo...
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

What's the tie in with Ringo and Studebakers???

Proverbs 18:2

Comment

Sheez! I can't believe that nobody picked up on my reference! Some 70s veterans you all are...

Maybe if I gave the correct spelling of Majorca, and mentioned Ringo...
                    If you check Mallorca and Majorca are correct. Most of the places I looked to find a little info about this used Mallorca (as it is spelled on the post card I posted to begin this thread.)
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

I knew what you were up to Bob,just did'nt reply. "cuz He's tired of wakeing up on the floor <G>
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                        I knew what you were up to Bob,just did'nt reply. "cuz He's tired of waking up on the floor <G>
                        Amazing that a postcard can trigger a memory like that And Joe, thanks for the trivia lesson. Sorry about the stray OT, but I hoped you wouldn't get too mad <G>

Aside to troll: Ecclestiastes 10:3
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I got it and had a good laugh as I was reading this topic. NO NO NO NO you didnt Bob
                          Tom
                          sigpic

Comment

They may have Studebakers there but they don't know the're Bulletnoses, they have the years backwards.
                            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Don't feel bad, Bob. I have Ringo's NO NO Song on a casette. Played it for some 30 somethings and they loved it "I never heard that before" (lol)
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X