Turning Wheels still not here......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Wheels still not here......

Last month I did not get my December issue of Turning Wheel until the 14th of the month. It is now the 10th of January and I still have not received this month's issue. I don't think I know of any magazine whose monthly issues do not arrive prior to the beginning of the month of the issue. I used to get my Turning Wheels by the third of week of the month prior to the month of issue. What has happened?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

I have not received mine yet here in Northern Nevada. I usually receive it between the 1st and the 5th of each month.
    Steve
    Buckeye, Arizona

1960 Hawk R2 4 speed project

Comment

Joe,

You probably don't want to hear this.......but mine came yesterday here in Winston-Salem. Haven't opened it yet, finishing a Kaiser-Frazer book a friend loaned me ("Kaiser-Frazer....Built to Better the Best") first.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I received mine,forwarded from Nebraska, here in Arizona last Friday. Our mail is forwarded every Wednesday, so it had been there since before last Wednesday. I bet the problem lies in the system the US Mail uses to handle 4th class mail.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I was going to say that someone must have built a wall on the Mason-Dixon line, but I guess not. Still waiting patiently for mine.(foot tapping)
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
            Last month I did not get my December issue of Turning Wheel until the 14th of the month. It is now the 10th of January and I still have not received this month's issue. I don't think I know of any magazine whose monthly issues do not arrive prior to the beginning of the month of the issue. I used to get my Turning Wheels by the third of week of the month prior to the month of issue. What has happened?
            Just got mine yesterday (eastern panhandle, West Virginia).
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

nothing here yet...
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Guess what, mine arrived here in Melbourne by Australia Post today. Its a nice issue worth waiting for.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
                  Guess what, mine arrived here in Melbourne by Australia Post today. Its a nice issue worth waiting for.
                  You got January's already, Jim? Wow!

'Glad you enjoyed it. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Got mine a couple of weeks ago.

I got December's issue about 2-3 weeks before everyone else too.

It has to be a post office problem.

Comment

If it is a post office problem, Canada Post and the USPS are collaborating.

Comment

I received mine today also.
                        sigpic

Comment

Mine still hasn't made its way to my mailbox. I think I know what has happened to mine. I got my membership renewal notice on Dec 20th. Paid it on line that night. Funny thing is my membership expired in October. Life gets in the way. Never got a notice but renewed asap! We got our new cards right away. The letter that came with them says "I will send you a letter six (6) weeks prior to your membership expiration date to remind you..." Oops! Six weeks late.

I wonder if I will get the January issue or if I will have to wait for February issue.
                          Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Comment

Dunno about the delays, but when mine showed up on 1/9, it was as trashed as I've ever gotten.
                            Wrapper torn, and the mag looked as if it had been rotated whilst under the leg of a loaded chair.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                              The January issue of TW was mailed six days late, so you still should have received it prior to the first of the month.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X