What's a fair price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a fair price?

I have an opportunity to buy from a friend a mint condition Avanti Twin Traction 3.07 rear end (less hubs and drums). I have no idea what a fair price would be. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I payed $100.00 for mine.
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

TT rear should realistically be worth $350 $400. But condition is important. Having said that a 3:07 will probably bring less then a 3:31 to 3:73
      Originally posted by 53k View Post
      I have an opportunity to buy from a friend a mint condition Avanti Twin Traction 3.07 rear end (less hubs and drums). I have no idea what a fair price would be. Any suggestions?
      Thanks

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
      53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
      57 SH (project)
      60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

I paid $300 for an excellent 3:54 TT that came from out under Malcolm Berry's (sp) wagon. I would guess somewhere around $200 + or - for a 3:07.
        Last edited by 31Streetrod; 01-10-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I would hope it's for a stick shift car. I'd have a hard time putting a 3.07 behind a 2nd gear start Stude Automatic.
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I might be interested in it. And I could pick it up in York.

Would go good with the 1st gear start Auto that I have for the Wagon.

Comment

$100-150. assuming out of a running car ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
                I would hope it's for a stick shift car. I'd have a hard time putting a 3.07 behind a 2nd gear start Stude Automatic.
                Actually, I think it would be a poorer choice for a stick shift than an automatic- really bog on starting. I put a 3.07 in the Avanti you saw in California. Having driven it 3,000 miles with a Powershift and a 3.73... I couldn't listen to the AM-FM radio, couldn't use the cell phone. The 3.07 made it a very nice highway car, but it would still lay rubber in the second gear start. Sacrilegious as it may sound, I'm much more interested in nice highway cruising than getting off the line. My current Avanti has a 3.54 TT and it's just too noisy (and thirsty) at speed.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  I might be interested in it. And I could pick it up in York.

Would go good with the 1st gear start Auto that I have for the Wagon.
                  Sorry Matthew. I talked him in to selling the rear end to me. I wanted to reduce revs/noise.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                    Thanks
                    I've always sold the Avanti TT rears for $400 or so because of the traction bar mounts,
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

Our 64 Daytona has a TT307 from the factory in it and there isn't anything wrong with how it takes off or cruises....go get it !
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If anyone else has a 44 3.07 rear end that they could bring to York, I am wanting one. Doesn't have to be TT.

Comment

Working...
                        X