Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with 62 studebaker lark

Hello all,

My wife is selling a 62 Studebaker Lark. It has a 350 small block Chevy Camaro motor in it with a matching 350 automatic transmission. It also has a Ford rear end. Pictures of it are attached. Can you give me an idea of its value? Also...if anyone in your club is interested...please let me know.

This car was rebuilt for my wife by her dad. He bought it for $1 from a former customer. It was a project for the both of them to work on together. Now, we don't drive it any more, and while we hate to let it go, it should not just sit there. A great car deserves to be driven and shown off!

Thanks,
    Jeff
    (951) 258-1486

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1734565Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1734566Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2467.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1734567Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2463.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1734568

That looks like a sharp car. I would not like to guess the value, but I wish I could afford it. Where are you located?
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Ooooo a two-door sedan, I like it! I oughtn't try to advise on price; might end up making an offer...But FWIW, my own Stude is a '62 Lark two-door sedan, and similar cars in decent "driver" condition were running between about $3500 and $7k in Canada in 2007 before the bottom fell out of the economy. Values have not yet fully rebounded, but then your car has an updated driveline and looks very nice cosmetically. This forum is certainly a good place to get the car some exposure among Studebaker fans. I'll be interested to see what price suggestions other forumites (more knowledgeable than I am) come up with, given the similarity to my own Lark.

Checked area code 951...Riverside County, California.

S.
      Last edited by Steve T; 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Jeff

That looks like a real clean car and engine install but I fear you are selling the car short with the photos you provided. Get it up in the air and take pictures of the entire under side as well as the engine compartment and dash. Get shots of the out side from all angles.

I can't tell you what it's worth but I'll bet it's a lot more with better photos.

Not being critical but ask yourself what would you need for info to buy the car.

Welcome also, too bad you want to sell it, it and you would be welcome here.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
          That looks like a sharp car. I would not like to guess the value, but I wish I could afford it. Where are you located?
          Riverside Ca

thanks yep me and my farther-n-law put in the v8 and 350 trany so she could drive it. Three on the tree manual she just couldn't do lol

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            Jeff

That looks like a real clean car and engine install but I fear you are selling the car short with the photos you provided. Get it up in the air and take pictures of the entire under side as well as the engine compartment and dash. Get shots of the out side from all angles.

I can't tell you what it's worth but I'll bet it's a lot more with better photos.

Not being critical but ask yourself what would you need for info to buy the car.

Welcome also, too bad you want to sell it, it and you would be welcome here.

Bob
            Will do thanks, didn't know how many pics that I can post

Jeff

Comment

That is a really sweet looking car that you would like to assume has (no) or very little rust.
              Plus a car is worth what any given person is willing to pay for it depending on how bad they want it.

I want that car! (badly) and will just assume that I can't afford it.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by 1S.A.H.D. View Post

Jeff
                VERY nice. Personally I want Stude power but there are plenty that will like that combo.

You can post all the pictures you like but only five will fit per post.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I sold a very similar looking 63 Daytona Hardtop for $8,500 in 2009. Yours looks every bit as good if not better in the few pictures...

I believe the 2 door sedan is just as desirable as the hardtop.

Although you will find some here who want their Studebakers all Studebaker, the market for your Chevy powered Stude is far bigger than that for a stock Studebaker. Bigger market...more potential customers....higher price.

The car will need to be rust free to bring top dollar. Where you are located will make a difference. The cost to transport a car will be a factor to buyers out of your area.

I'd suggest eBay. Low starting bid. Realistic reserve. Detailed description including any "warts". GOOD pictures to not only show off the car, but also to provide potential buyers with more detail than words can provide.

Pretty car. Good luck.
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Jeff
                    Jeff

If you really want to do a lot and have photobucket or equivalent, just make an album and post a link to it.

Secondly, a lot of vehicles don't sell here but if you decide to go to Ebay, look up a seller (Goldenhawk) and see how he advertises on Ebay. His handle here is JDP and he does an excellent presentation to sell cars. He will also list for you, or at least did, for a fee.

Good luck.

Bob

Comment

Thanks all,
                      Yea the reason we are selling it is to go back east and see family with her dad and grandpa while we still have them. You see we lost my grandma 1 week before Christmas and her great aunt 2 weeks before Christmas.

Anyway I've got more pic and a price of $9700 (what do you all think)

Thanks all again

Jefff
                      Last edited by 1S.A.H.D.; 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Dayum: that's a pretty 1962 there............
                        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Anyway I've got more pic and a price of $9700 (what do you all think)
                          Beautiful car that looks well done. Even still, I would guess the current market is half or less of what you're asking. Somewhat more in the Spring.

I know that's not what you're hoping to hear.

The best way to determine true current market value is to list it on eBay, with plenty of good pictures and good description. Start with a $500 opening bid and put the reserve where you want. If it doesn't meet reserve, you will at least have a pretty accurate market appraisal.

Good luck with your sale.
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

#1...your odds of selling it on this forum are low. Lots of CASO's here (Cheap a$$ Studebaker owners )...BUT if you take Bob's advice and want to sell it for $4750, let me know and I'll send you a check today.

#2...I think your price is in the ball park for the car if it is rust free and as good as it looks. Pricing it is the easy part. Marketing it is the tough part. I agree with Bob about eBay. See my earlier post on this.
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Jeff, don't be misled, the current market value is a lot more than "half or less" than what you are asking. As Dick Steinkamp said in the above post, you will have a bigger market for your car with the engine and trans swap than if it was still all stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X