• StudeMichael
    replied
    Here is another picture
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JeffDeWitt
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    I agree. Originality is important, but that 'jewel beige' color really does nothing for a Packard Hawk. Check out Joe Parson's '58 Golden.
    I've seen that car in person several times, it's a really stunning car. I never would have thought about painting a car that color but on those cars it really works great.

Sort of like Speedsters... lemon and lime are pretty hideous colors on normal cars, but on Speedsters it looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
    Here is my 1958 Golden Hawk painted White Gold Metallic
    beautiful!!!

more pics, please???

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    Here is my 1958 Golden Hawk painted White Gold Metallic
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    What is suprising is that beige color (colour for the down under folks) is back again. I've seen several in Toledo area, however, I don't think anyone will see a beige Packard hawk in this area anymore

Leave a comment:

• packardHawk58
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
    this might be a better question in a new thread, but aren't a lot of our color preferences on certain cars linked to what we saw in the past, see in adverts, or on the road/car shows?

"all corvettes are red". the first car i remember was dad's 56 olds red & white two tone. the 1st avanti i rode in (a church member's) when i was around 13, was gold. most of lee iacooca's "cab forward" chryslers in the late 90's, were in ads, shown in gold paint. most of the packard hawks i've seen for sale are beige.

just wondering...

and i think the purple and gold would be cool. heck, i almost bought a chameleon trans-am around 12 years ago. and you can see, my avanti wasn't gold...
    Correct Corvanti, car builders do surveys to see what colours they are going to paint the new model, just what was popular in 1958 dosen't mean it is now. I understand that if you don't like the colour you are not going to paint your car in it. I bought a r2 Lark that is black, I am going to paint it blue mist, cause I saw one in that colour and I liked it., still that car is rare and should be painted in the original colour, but I don't like black.
    Apoligies accepted, you know I am only kidding ED, must give you a call and catch up.

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    this might be a better question in a new thread, but aren't a lot of our color preferences on certain cars linked to what we saw in the past, see in adverts, or on the road/car shows?

"all corvettes are red". the first car i remember was dad's 56 olds red & white two tone. the 1st avanti i rode in (a church member's) when i was around 13, was gold. most of lee iacooca's "cab forward" chryslers in the late 90's, were in ads, shown in gold paint. most of the packard hawks i've seen for sale are beige.

just wondering...

and i think the purple and gold would be cool. heck, i almost bought a chameleon trans-am around 12 years ago. and you can see, my avanti wasn't gold...

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: packard hawk 58--- Sorry Stude Sovereign, Your workmanship is A#1, but the jewel beige main body has been, and will always be, a tough sell. Still, I do understand- 'original is original'.

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Originally posted by J. D. ENGLER View Post
    It was all beige, I saw a 58 Golden Hawk with fresh Jewel Beige paint job, and I admit it looked nice, but the color isn't for me.
    I have seen other 58's with jewel beige roof and the purplish color that I was refering to, and thought that be a nice color combination with the gold mylar on the fins

Purple & Gold! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    Just checked out Joe Parson's 58, and loved it. According to Mike Williams there were only 2 Packard hawks - Shadowtone Red Metallic over Jewel Beige (P5855) combonations and after looking at Joe's I have made up my mind to go with those colors for mine. My wife doesn't care much for the Beige (or the catfish either ) however these colors will make it stand out much better.

Leave a comment:

• packardHawk58
    replied

Geez Ed, now you have really hurt my feelings!

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    Yes the dark red/purple mix is Shadowtone Red. If need be, in the spring I could send you pics of my 58 Packard Sedan. It is all original and done in that color.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    I agree. Originality is important, but that 'jewel beige' color really does nothing for a Packard Hawk. Check out Joe Parson's '58 Golden.

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    replied
    It was all beige, I saw a 58 Golden Hawk with fresh Jewel Beige paint job, and I admit it looked nice, but the color isn't for me.
    I have seen other 58's with jewel beige roof and the purplish color that I was refering to, and thought that be a nice color combination with the gold mylar on the fins
    Last edited by RareBird; 01-08-2012, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    I saw one in" white gold" at the 75 international at Irving Texas...It was stunning......ok, looking at the link provided by Mike, it looked more like "Bluff Grey" metallic
    Last edited by bezhawk; 01-08-2012, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X