X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hausdok
    replied
    Originally posted by J. D. ENGLER View Post
    Finally, I am getting my Packard hawk out for paint stripping, body will be completely taken down to bare metal and the Jewel beige will be history (wanted a P.H. since 1975, but not a Beige one) New color? Here's where I need your help. Was thinking of two tone blue, however, I really like the Purplish color that I've seen on other 58's. What color is it?
    I think it may be the Shadowtone Red Metallic. Am I right?
    You might be thinking of Loch Blue (Duco 2832) - that's a '58 color that looks almost purple but it's not shown on the list of two-tone colors. I've never seen it used on any Packard Hawks though. If you're interested in authenticity, it seems like authentic P.H. colors are pretty much limited to Waterfall Blue, Surf Green, Parchment White, Canyon Copper Metallic, Parade Red, Mountain Blue Metallic and Jewel Beige(Pink :-( ). Shadowtone Red Metallic is on that list but there is no color swatch for it there. I think I've seen that used for roofs but never the entire car body. To me it looks more maroon than purple.

You can see all of the official '58 color choices plus the official two-tone schemes at the Packard Club Library. Click here.

Mike O'Handley\
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com
    Last edited by hausdok; 01-08-2012, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    I believe it is, my late '58 Commander was that color, I loved it as well! It would look pretty sharp on a Packard Hawk; what was your thoughts on the fin color?

Leave a comment:

• StudeMichael
    replied
    Was it beige originally?

Leave a comment:

• RareBird
    started a topic Time for painting

Time for painting

Finally, I am getting my Packard hawk out for paint stripping, body will be completely taken down to bare metal and the Jewel beige will be history (wanted a P.H. since 1975, but not a Beige one) New color? Here's where I need your help. Was thinking of two tone blue, however, I really like the Purplish color that I've seen on other 58's. What color is it?
    I think it may be the Shadowtone Red Metallic. Am I right?
Working...
X