No announcement yet.

Hey Matthew and kmac530, here is 31streetrod's 31 street rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is some pics of a ford McLaren 4.6L engine, it is a model but scale accurate. Notice the valve covers look and style and angle as well as the exhaust manifold port lay out:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...=0&FORM=IDFRIR

This is a Buick Nailhead, notice the VC, wire covers and exhaust port layout:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ad&FORM=IDFRIR

So whatever the car has in it NOW, those pics are of a nailhead.

Comment

Originally posted by 31Streetrod View Post
      kmac, the engine in the 31 is a 1965 401 ci Buick nailhead. The 4.6, 4 valve Ford engine is what we are installing in the 54 custom that we are in the process of building.
      Thanks for the clarification 31sr. I thought my eyes were fooling me. You posted that while I was loading those pics.
      Beautiful car and very cool alternative powerplant. I LOVE the NH. My dad had a couple of them, he was a Buick guy growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
        Wierd that a 4.6L ford McLaren has Buick nailhead valve covers on it....printed right there on the side of the VC's.
        After I looked closer and determined those were plug wire covers, the nailhead became pretty obvious.
        Is it possible it HAD a 4.6L ford motor in it before and he swapped it out now to this NH, or that these are old pics from before he installed the 4.6L ford?
        Because those pics ARE Buick for sure.
        Sorry, I should have highlighted the McLaren text and snipped the rest since I was only addressing the '54 custom.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I usually don't like open wheeled cars with independent front suspensions, but that roadster is sweet.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

That's one sweet hi-boy! Different from the usual Model A and Duece roadsters that you always see running around, not that wouldn't take any those. Regarding the McLaren-Ford v-8 connection, never heard of that one before. SBC, and BBC in the Can-Am days...in-house v8, Mercedes and BMW connections in more recent times, but had no idea about any connection to the modern Ford v8. Regards, Junior.
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

What would really make that car cool would be to replace the headlights with the Studebaker oval lights from that era.

How about one of our photoshop guys showing us what that would look like.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

53k, no need to be sorry. No harm, no foul here. I was just confussed at what I was reading and what I was seeing....ALL Good

Jon,
                GOOD call. I agree those oval tear-dropish headlights would look really cool.

Comment

Working...
                X