X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Looks legit. You can distinctly read 33A: Jet Thrust Engine w/ Supercharger on the Build Order within the ad.

I can't read enough of the other material to ascertain if it is a full-package Super Lark. If someone can enlarge that P.O. and get the Serial Number, we can find out. 'Looks like a five-digit number after 63V, so it could be a full-package car.

Yes, there were many full-package 1963 Super Larks built; 88, to be specific (plus 57 Super Hawks). Many others had an R1 or R2 engine but were not full-package Super Larks or Super Hawks. BP
    Bob, I tried adding and subtraction contrast and then brightness, the best I could do was 63V 10769 JTS 1298

See if that comes up with anything.

Allen

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    OK, I've had some time to research this car from what can be made out on the Production Order posted. I can't make out the Serial Number for sure, but it is five digits after 63V.

What can be made out are these items:

1. The color is (was) Rose Mist.

2. It has (or had) Chestnut Vinyl Interior.

3. It has an R2 engine.

4. It has heavy-duty, column-shift Flightomatic.

So the question becomes: How many 1963 Lark Daytona Convertibles did Studebaker build in that configuration?

And the answer is: ONE. That car's Serial Number has to be 63V10598, the only 1963 Lark so configured.

That number is too low to be a full-package car, and the production records confirm it is not.

So it is a legitimate factory R2 1963 Lark Daytona Convertible and it is not one of the 88 1963 Super Larks built (all body styles; not just convertibles).

This should answer the question. BP

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    He states: "NO LOW BALLERS", but you don't even know where he is starting from on a price, so how would you know if an offer is low or maybe even high?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Looks legit. You can distinctly read 33A: Jet Thrust Engine w/ Supercharger on the Build Order within the ad.

I can't read enough of the other material to ascertain if it is a full-package Super Lark. If someone can enlarge that P.O. and get the Serial Number, we can find out. 'Looks like a five-digit number after 63V, so it could be a full-package car.

Yes, there were many full-package 1963 Super Larks built; 88, to be specific (plus 57 Super Hawks). Many others had an R1 or R2 engine but were not full-package Super Larks or Super Hawks. BP

Leave a comment:

• Jeb
    started a topic '63 Super Lark???

'63 Super Lark???

Has anyone with knowledge looked at this car? From what I've picked up on the forum there were no '63 Super Larks, only '64s.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/2778109038.html
Working...
X