No announcement yet.

South Bend International Meet-Drags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob. Should help answer a LOT of questions. For those that might want some directions this might help. First there will probably be a groupl leaving the fairgrounds around 1:30/1:45 but it's pretty easy to get separated on the way.

Ironwood Road is the road just on the east side of the fairgrounds. Turn left coming out of the fairgrounds and go about half a mile or less to US20. Turn right on 20 and go about four mile to 331 (and Elm Road I think), turn left and go about three mile to Lincolnway (933) and turn right.

Go about four mile to Ash Road (219) and turn left and just under a mile the drag strip will be on the right. Just before you come to a cement type bridge there will be a place to turn right to get into the strip. Hope this helps for those not familiar with the area.

Ted

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    OK, Everyone:

It's Official as of Today when the following was entered on the Osceola Dragway website:

http://osceoladragway.com/

The above link is posted here as an informational courtesy to those attending The SDC International Meet. It will not be posted in The 2012 SDC International Meet Section of this Forum because:

THIS IS NOT A FUNCTION OR EVENT SPONSORED OR IN ANY WAY ENDORSED BY or ASSOCIATED WITH, THE STUDEBAKER DRIVERS CLUB and/or MICHIANA CHAPTER OF SAME and/or THE SDC INTERNATIONAL MEET COMMITTEE.

(Confidentially, I know The Stude Tomato will be there with Ted Harbit at the wheel, because I'm picking it up for him at his house Monday morning, July 30, to take it to South Bend on my trailer, for the week. This so he and Mary Ann can ride up in the air-conditioned comfort of their late-model car.)

See you there! BP

Comment

Per Ted's Directions, in case you copied them for your Met Packet to take along:

1. The Drag Strip is located on Ash Road, Indiana 219, and West County Line Road. All three of those thoroughfares are one and the same thing, so don't be confused.

2. When you get off four-lane, limited-access U.S.20 going east, you do get off to go north on Elm Road, or Indiana 331. They, too, are one and the same. However, the name changes from Elm Road to Capital Avenue when you get close to Lincolnway.

3. As Ted said, Lincolnway and Indiana Road 933 are also one and the same road.

BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

May I suggest some of us participants print a few copies of the directions to the track and put a few on some of the vendors tables for folks to take. I will take the initiative and print a few to put on our vendors table. I personally have it in my GPS this time so I know I won't get lost again. GGG

edit: I have now run off 25 copies of directions to the track that Ted provided here to have available at our space.
        Last edited by 41 Frank; 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM. Reason: more info
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Looking forward to it, will pick up directions at Frank's vend place.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Thanks to all who arranged for this and also those who made the track trek in the heat. I had a ball!

Pat
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

'Good to see you, too, Pat:

Be safe going home. (Go up through Canada so you don't need the A/C!) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob, And for the pictures too. I think that is the run I red lit against Frank! Good idea about Canada, why didn't I think of that?
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Didn't matter Pat. I can't compete anyway with your LS 6 with my 60's technology. GGG. It will stay in the 90's until later in the week across Iowa and Nebraska.
                  Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                  Thanks Bob, And for the pictures too. I think that is the run I red lit against Frank! Good idea about Canada, why didn't I think of that?
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Did someone say '60s technology?

As The Swingin' Medallions would say, A Double Shot of My Baby's Love:

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                      I like the way you power shifted that 53 Mr Steinkamp. Was it a T-10? They always shifted so great. 327 4 speed what a way to fly.
                      Close ratio (2.20 low) aluminum case T10 (not a Super T10). Probably from a 62 Corvette. Hurst Competition Plus shifter.

If you ever heard Ted power shift, you would swear I was double clutching it. He's the king!
                      Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                      X