Same old Scammer on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old Scammer on e-bay

This car appears periodically, with "off-e-bay" transactions only, i.e. no bidding and no protection through e-bay. Last time it was "Wire the money to Budapest... I'm there on temporary assignment"

I don't know how to let e-bay know about this, but maybe someone else can.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1950-...QQcmdZViewItem

Las Vegas, NV
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

I took care of it...we will see!

Update: gone for now...but he is persistent!

1964 Daytona
    glen Brose
    Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I took care of it...we will see!

Update: gone for now...but he is persistent!

1964 Daytona
      glen Brose
      Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

My Nigerian business associate says the seller is "completley trustworthy"....

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

My Nigerian business associate says the seller is "completley trustworthy"....

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

They are busy today...just reported the 53 Black Champion that
            sold late in May or early June for $74,000.00 + and the green
            1950 Starlight Coupe that has come and gone to many times.

1964 Daytona
            glen Brose
            Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

They are busy today...just reported the 53 Black Champion that
              sold late in May or early June for $74,000.00 + and the green
              1950 Starlight Coupe that has come and gone to many times.

1964 Daytona
              glen Brose
              Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Must be a full moon or close to it...the scammers have been
                busy this afternoon....after being quiet for a while.

1964 Daytona
                glen Brose
                Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Must be a full moon or close to it...the scammers have been
                  busy this afternoon....after being quiet for a while.

1964 Daytona
                  glen Brose
                  Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I saw the black 53 Champion hot rod listed with a Seattle zip code as the location. I wrote and told him I lived nearby and would like to look at the car. Here is his reply:

Hello,
                    Where are you from?
                    First of all I must inform you that I'm located in Austria.
                    I recently moved here with my job and I had the intention to take
                    the car here with me, but I discovered that it is very hard to
                    register a US car here and the taxes are very high. Not to mention
                    that here the gasoline is much more expensive. So, unfortunately, I
                    had to leave the car in the US.

The price is $7,400. The car is in excellent condition, no rust, no
                    technical or cosmetically problems. It has no scratches on and hasn't
                    been involved in an accident. The motor runs very well.The car was
                    always garaged. The car is still US registered and the title is clear.

The delivery will take between 12 and 15 business days (with
                    insurance and 30 days return policy). I will pay for the shipping! If
                    the car does not matches 100% the description, you will return it in
                    maximum 30 days and I will pay for the return shipping fees.
                    Payment will be made through eBay so we can be both protected!

If you are interested please let me know. I have reserved the car
                    for you, but I will need your answer in the next couple of days.

Thank you,
                    Tony

Sure sounds like a good deal to me, do you think there is a catch?

Don Wilson
                    53 Commander Hardtop
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton
                    Centralia, WA
                    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                    50 Champion 2 door*
                    53 Commander K Auto*
                    53 Commander K overdrive*
                    55 President Speedster
                    62 GT 4Speed*
                    63 Avanti R1*
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I saw the black 53 Champion hot rod listed with a Seattle zip code as the location. I wrote and told him I lived nearby and would like to look at the car. Here is his reply:

Hello,
                      Where are you from?
                      First of all I must inform you that I'm located in Austria.
                      I recently moved here with my job and I had the intention to take
                      the car here with me, but I discovered that it is very hard to
                      register a US car here and the taxes are very high. Not to mention
                      that here the gasoline is much more expensive. So, unfortunately, I
                      had to leave the car in the US.

The price is $7,400. The car is in excellent condition, no rust, no
                      technical or cosmetically problems. It has no scratches on and hasn't
                      been involved in an accident. The motor runs very well.The car was
                      always garaged. The car is still US registered and the title is clear.

The delivery will take between 12 and 15 business days (with
                      insurance and 30 days return policy). I will pay for the shipping! If
                      the car does not matches 100% the description, you will return it in
                      maximum 30 days and I will pay for the return shipping fees.
                      Payment will be made through eBay so we can be both protected!

If you are interested please let me know. I have reserved the car
                      for you, but I will need your answer in the next couple of days.

Thank you,
                      Tony

Sure sounds like a good deal to me, do you think there is a catch?

Don Wilson
                      53 Commander Hardtop
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton
                      Centralia, WA
                      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                      50 Champion 2 door*
                      53 Commander K Auto*
                      53 Commander K overdrive*
                      55 President Speedster
                      62 GT 4Speed*
                      63 Avanti R1*
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Yeah the "big" catch is that the 1953 coupe sold for $74,000.00 + at
                        the end of May or very eary June 2007. This guy hi jacked the listing,
                        even as the real owner in New Hampshire was selling it, which he was
                        finally able to due....so with this current listing you would be just
                        giving him your good money and he would be laughing all the way to his
                        bank. There are many clues...like very little info on the car, off eBay
                        BIN offer, email seller before bidding, other listings being sold (are
                        the similar in price and description) and with scams, when they reappear
                        as listings, they will use a new Ebay seller id and the list goes on....

So beware Don....if it looks to good to be true and it smells fishy,
                        then investigate....or all you will get is: TAKEN!

Hope this helped!

1964 Daytona
                        glen Brose
                        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Yeah the "big" catch is that the 1953 coupe sold for $74,000.00 + at
                          the end of May or very eary June 2007. This guy hi jacked the listing,
                          even as the real owner in New Hampshire was selling it, which he was
                          finally able to due....so with this current listing you would be just
                          giving him your good money and he would be laughing all the way to his
                          bank. There are many clues...like very little info on the car, off eBay
                          BIN offer, email seller before bidding, other listings being sold (are
                          the similar in price and description) and with scams, when they reappear
                          as listings, they will use a new Ebay seller id and the list goes on....

So beware Don....if it looks to good to be true and it smells fishy,
                          then investigate....or all you will get is: TAKEN!

Hope this helped!

1964 Daytona
                          glen Brose
                          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

He used the same e-mail to me (except it was Budapest Hungary) for the red 50 convertible about 6 months ago. He never wants to go directly through e-bay, wants you to wire money to the offshore bank. He even sends facimile e-bay messages indicating that the posting is legit! E-bay denies they sent these!

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

He used the same e-mail to me (except it was Budapest Hungary) for the red 50 convertible about 6 months ago. He never wants to go directly through e-bay, wants you to wire money to the offshore bank. He even sends facimile e-bay messages indicating that the posting is legit! E-bay denies they sent these!

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Working...
                              X