No announcement yet.

Same old Scammer on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really gets me about this guy (I assume it's only one guy) is that he does't get the picture. He just keeps putting these cars back on and ebay keeps taking them off. He must spend THOUSANDS in ebay fees. Of course, he may have other cars on that someone DOES pay for that we don't see. I sincerely hope someone catches this guy and REALLY socks it to him. If for no other reason than that I'm tired of seeing all these beautiful cars I can't buy!

Comment

What really gets me about this guy (I assume it's only one guy) is that he does't get the picture. He just keeps putting these cars back on and ebay keeps taking them off. He must spend THOUSANDS in ebay fees. Of course, he may have other cars on that someone DOES pay for that we don't see. I sincerely hope someone catches this guy and REALLY socks it to him. If for no other reason than that I'm tired of seeing all these beautiful cars I can't buy!

Comment

Each time I report this one and the other 2, unless they are all the same
        indivual, I make sure I report the other 10 - 20 other listings that they
        may have under the other "makes". Course it only takes one or 2 "suckers"
        to make his/her day. I had to laugh last evening, when the 1929 Phaeton was
        listed twice with 2 different ebay seller ID's right above 1 another.I and others
        must have making him go nutz!!!! as to have 2 different auctions going on
        at the same time.

1964 Daytona
        glen Brose
        Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Each time I report this one and the other 2, unless they are all the same
          indivual, I make sure I report the other 10 - 20 other listings that they
          may have under the other "makes". Course it only takes one or 2 "suckers"
          to make his/her day. I had to laugh last evening, when the 1929 Phaeton was
          listed twice with 2 different ebay seller ID's right above 1 another.I and others
          must have making him go nutz!!!! as to have 2 different auctions going on
          at the same time.

1964 Daytona
          glen Brose
          Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

It is back again, Glen, do your thing!
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...30240053QQrdZ1
            And here also...
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...28595977QQrdZ1
            And here too....
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...27141414QQrdZ1

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

It is back again, Glen, do your thing!
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...30240053QQrdZ1
              And here also...
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...28595977QQrdZ1
              And here too....
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...27141414QQrdZ1

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I have been on them all afternoon and evening...now we have both
                the 50 and 51 running 2 autions at the same time...I guess just
                to stay ahead of the game......

PS 9.40p AZT after 8 reports to ebay since this afternoon. The
                1951 red conv is still with us, being auction twice at the same
                time, under 2 different Ebay seller id's. Nothing like a Sunday
                night, for the "loons" to come out and do their best to make us
                Nutz!

Ya'll have a good night now!!!!

1964 Daytona
                glen Brose
                Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I have been on them all afternoon and evening...now we have both
                  the 50 and 51 running 2 autions at the same time...I guess just
                  to stay ahead of the game......

PS 9.40p AZT after 8 reports to ebay since this afternoon. The
                  1951 red conv is still with us, being auction twice at the same
                  time, under 2 different Ebay seller id's. Nothing like a Sunday
                  night, for the "loons" to come out and do their best to make us
                  Nutz!

Ya'll have a good night now!!!!

1964 Daytona
                  glen Brose
                  Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I've been going after these people for several weeks as well.

The fastest way to handle it seems to be to click the link at the bottom of the listing to report it, choose the "fraudulent listing" and "did not bid" options and then select the option to sent email to eBay. The item number is shown and you get a space to describe what you saw.

I get a canned response right away, and the listing is taken down quickly.

I also use a blind email address to hassle the scammers - telling them how stupidly transparent their tactics are: always the same two ridiculously low "Buy It Now" prices consistent from vehicle to vehicle, the same "gmail" address, the same pattern of low starting bid prices, the same attempt to lure bidders off site...

The only variation I've seen that I thought was diabolically clever was the "Report This Listing" link that led to a bogus page where I was asked to enter my eBay ID and password.

Comment

I've been going after these people for several weeks as well.

The fastest way to handle it seems to be to click the link at the bottom of the listing to report it, choose the "fraudulent listing" and "did not bid" options and then select the option to sent email to eBay. The item number is shown and you get a space to describe what you saw.

I get a canned response right away, and the listing is taken down quickly.

I also use a blind email address to hassle the scammers - telling them how stupidly transparent their tactics are: always the same two ridiculously low "Buy It Now" prices consistent from vehicle to vehicle, the same "gmail" address, the same pattern of low starting bid prices, the same attempt to lure bidders off site...

The only variation I've seen that I thought was diabolically clever was the "Report This Listing" link that led to a bogus page where I was asked to enter my eBay ID and password.

Comment

Working...
                      X