Rubber moulding source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber moulding source

What is the best (cheapest) resource for rubber mouldings for my 56 Powerhawk?
    (door, hood, trunk, wing windows...etc)

I've had good luck with William Fennessy - he runs an ad in the back of Turning Wheels.

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I've had good luck with William Fennessy - he runs an ad in the back of Turning Wheels.

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quoteWhat happened to the quick reply box?)
        Still shows up on my screen!

Fennessey= (615)662-5013

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quoteWhat happened to the quick reply box?)
          Still shows up on my screen!

Fennessey= (615)662-5013

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

I'll vouch for Mr. Fennessy from Tennessee!
            I'll double that!!! Bill Fennessy from Tennessee is the ONLY way to go for Studebaker rubber products IMHO! I waited "in line" for almost 20 minutes Monday at the SDC Meet just to ask Bill a question about properly fitting the vent window seals. Today he spent about 15 minutes with me going over how to and how NOT to install windshields and backglass on C-K's. His "technical support" alone is worth the price of his products!!!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

I'll vouch for Mr. Fennessy from Tennessee!
              I'll double that!!! Bill Fennessy from Tennessee is the ONLY way to go for Studebaker rubber products IMHO! I waited "in line" for almost 20 minutes Monday at the SDC Meet just to ask Bill a question about properly fitting the vent window seals. Today he spent about 15 minutes with me going over how to and how NOT to install windshields and backglass on C-K's. His "technical support" alone is worth the price of his products!!!

Comment

I'll triple that!!! He once went out of his way and sold me a rotor button for my 50 Champion's distributor on a Sunday afternoon when no one else had one.

Cabrina Dieters
                Murfreesboro TN

Comment

I'll triple that!!! He once went out of his way and sold me a rotor button for my 50 Champion's distributor on a Sunday afternoon when no one else had one.

Cabrina Dieters
                  Murfreesboro TN

Comment

Care to share any of his tips? I'm about to embark on the same project (replacing the windshield and rear window) on my '55, and any tips would be greatly appreciated! I think I can handle the windshield but any tips to make it easier would be great, the back window still scares me.

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Care to share any of his tips? I'm about to embark on the same project (replacing the windshield and rear window) on my '55, and any tips would be greatly appreciated! I think I can handle the windshield but any tips to make it easier would be great, the back window still scares me.

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      --
                      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Has anyone had luck with good old JC Whitney? They seem to list quite a few rubber mouldings that are said to be "custom-fit"?

Comment

Has anyone had luck with good old JC Whitney? They seem to list quite a few rubber mouldings that are said to be "custom-fit"?

Comment

quote:Has anyone had luck with good old JC Whitney?
                            I still order bulk window channel/run and cat whiskers from them,as well as the insulation I glue to the roof and under the carpet; haven't ordered rubber from them for a couple decades.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

quote:Has anyone had luck with good old JC Whitney?
                              I still order bulk window channel/run and cat whiskers from them,as well as the insulation I glue to the roof and under the carpet; haven't ordered rubber from them for a couple decades.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Working...
                              X