Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN-60
    replied
    No question about it---in both style an driveability the Skyhawk was the finest '56 Hawk. My favorite---an early model with 1st gear start in 'drive' and power steering.

Leave a comment:

• RICKJ
    replied
    Actually the :HALO" was on the car when I got it . I bought it from the original owner.It set in a barn for 15 years fro 1970 to 1985 when I bought it.
    I did not realize it was a Golden Hawk feature for many years until someone in the club mentioned it. Maybe he added it or had the dealer do it.
    Maybe it is a wanabee Golden Hawk that took a wrong turn on a production line

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    1956 Sky Hawks are among my top Studebakers for looks. Among Bob Bourke's last work at Studebaker.
    I see that you added a Golden Hawk "halo".

Leave a comment:

• 5brown1
    replied
    Rick, I sent a PM but cannot tell if it actually went to you. Please let me know if you did not get it.

Leave a comment:

• mmagic
    replied
    Nice job... I'm appreciating all the work you put into it.

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    beautiful, rick!!!
    next time you come "over the bridge", bring it by the house and let me drool!

Leave a comment:

• prez55
    replied
    Rick It looks great look forward to seeing it in person at Tri-State or sooner. David

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Thanks! I will check them out. I have been wanting to switch over to an AT with OD since I started working on the wagon.

Leave a comment:

• RICKJ
    replied
    It does have the original 289. The adapter kit for the 700R4 came from Mike Myers I believe. I got it from another. member. Several Studebaker vendors have them. Pretty easy hook up and uses a common Ford Starter
    I got the converter lockup and TV cable from Bowtie transmissions.
    Fitting the whole package in a Hawk was fun. Eliminated the current transmission crossmember and used the " Batwing" A pillar crossmember to support the tranny tailshaft and went with a one piece drive shaft

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by RICKJ View Post
    Just finishing up a 2 year rehab of my Skyhawk
    That year/model really embodies the best combination of the early C/Ks and the later GT style. A very pretty car, kinda like studedude's updated. No comment on which I like the best though.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    how did you go about mounting the 700R4? still have a Stude Heart in it?

Leave a comment:

• avanti76
    replied
    Very nice car I love it !

Leave a comment:

• RICKJ
    replied
    Pics added

Sorry about that, thought I had them in, had to retry 3 times to get it right

Leave a comment:

• cultural infidel
    replied
    Originally posted by Welcome View Post
    Pictures ...PLEASE!!!
    no kidding

Leave a comment:

• Welcome
    replied
    Pictures ...PLEASE!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...