Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Web Site Transition

Hello everyone!

Starting Saturday, December 31st, 2011, I officially start as the SDC webmaster. Bob Shaw, the soon-to-be "previous SDC webmaster" has done a fantastic job these past years. He is to be commended for his hard work and dedication to this wonderful club! Thank you, Bob!!! As some of you know, Bob won't disappear completely. He has accepted a position with the SDC Marketing Committee.

As I take the helm from such capable hands, I am excited about the plans we have for the web site. At first, the only change that will happen is the move of the web site from its existing hosting service to Cornerstone's web servers. This move will start tomorrow morning and may continue for up to 72 hours. Beginning at around 8:00 am CST, DNS servers around the globe will begin an update to point to Cornerstone's web server. It can take up to 72 hours for all DNS servers to get the update. You should not notice any change to the SDC web site. (NOTE: The SDC Forum is NOT moving to Cornerstone's servers. It will remain hosted at its existing service.)
    Secondly, we are planning a major facelift to the SDC web site. Not only are we giving it a more up-to-date look, it will be easier to navigate and contain more dynamic pages fed via database rather than static pages. This will allow for future automation plans. There is no target date set for the new web site. I expect it to happen sometime later in 2012.

Lastly, a couple of e-mail changes. Starting tomorrow, any e-mail sent to webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com will automatically be forwarded to me, rather than Bob Shaw. E-mail sent to ForumAdmin@studebakerdriversclub.com will automatically be forwarded to Clark Novak, the new SDC Forum Administrator. Welcome Clark!

Hopefully this transition will be transparent to everyone, but as with any computer system, anything can go wrong. If you do experience some problems along the way, please forgive us, then send an e-mail to either Clark or myself.

Thank you and happy new year to all.

- Mark Wheeler
    (New) SDC Webmaster and continuing SDC Membership Secretary
    - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
    SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

Good luck with this all ...I envy you guys who can do this stuff <g>
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Good luck in your new endeavor Mark! And thank you Bob Shaw for your work!
      Last edited by 41 Frank; 12-30-2011, 10:23 AM.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
        Good luck in your new endeavor Mark! And thank you Bob Shaw for your work!
        Ditto. Thanks for everything.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks Bob and good luck Mark and Clark.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
            Spot On! Thanks.
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mark & Clark. (Hey, that rhymes!)

The technical expertise is indeed intimidating.

'Good that you guys have a firm grip on it. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you Mark and Clark for taking on a big and important job, I am sure we are in good hands.

We especially need to thank Bob Shaw for putting up with all of our petty gripes over the years and getting us to the wonderful place we are today with our Website, THANK YOU VERY MUCH BOB!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Great job Bob. Mark will do a great job as well.

Denny L

Comment

Welcome to the new rhyming Mark and Clark.
                    Watch out for the Kmac, he is a real "pot" stirrer...lol
                    Thanks for all of your work Mr. Shaw and I hope your new endeavors go well.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelsm View Post
                      Hello everyone!

Starting Saturday, December 31st, 2011, I officially start as the SDC webmaster. Bob Shaw, the soon-to-be "previous SDC webmaster" has done a fantastic job these past years. He is to be commended for his hard work and dedication to this wonderful club! Thank you, Bob!!! As some of you know, Bob won't disappear completely. He has accepted a position with the SDC Marketing Committee.

As I take the helm from such capable hands, I am excited about the plans we have for the web site. At first, the only change that will happen is the move of the web site from its existing hosting service to Cornerstone's web servers. This move will start tomorrow morning and may continue for up to 72 hours. Beginning at around 8:00 am CST, DNS servers around the globe will begin an update to point to Cornerstone's web server. It can take up to 72 hours for all DNS servers to get the update. You should not notice any change to the SDC web site. (NOTE: The SDC Forum is NOT moving to Cornerstone's servers. It will remain hosted at its existing service.)
                      Secondly, we are planning a major facelift to the SDC web site. Not only are we giving it a more up-to-date look, it will be easier to navigate and contain more dynamic pages fed via database rather than static pages. This will allow for future automation plans. There is no target date set for the new web site. I expect it to happen sometime later in 2012.

Lastly, a couple of e-mail changes. Starting tomorrow, any e-mail sent to webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com will automatically be forwarded to me, rather than Bob Shaw. E-mail sent to ForumAdmin@studebakerdriversclub.com will automatically be forwarded to Clark Novak, the new SDC Forum Administrator. Welcome Clark!

Hopefully this transition will be transparent to everyone, but as with any computer system, anything can go wrong. If you do experience some problems along the way, please forgive us, then send an e-mail to either Clark or myself.

Thank you and happy new year to all.

- Mark Wheeler
                      (New) SDC Webmaster and continuing SDC Membership Secretary

Oh no!!! The very first thread our NEW SDC Webmaster posts is posted in the wrong Forum!!!

Administrator; please this thread down to the "SDC and Forum Discussions" Forum where it rightfully should have been posted.

Comment

oh please, "mr. welcome", it should be posted on all forum sites just to let everyone know. first thing i learned in "cop school" was it's the "spirit" of the law, not the "letter" of the law!

as a fairly new poster, and long time lurker, i want to thank Mr. Shaw for putting up with the problems when the forum changed in may '10. (or was it '09?)...

also want to thank clark for warning us, especially on stovehuggers, when we (me included), went a little too political, or off topic, before needing to lock the thread...

hope things go well for you, mr.wheeler!

and "that is all i have to say about that"...
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          We especially need to thank Bob Shaw for putting up with all of our petty gripes over the years and getting us to the wonderful place we are today with our Website, THANK YOU VERY MUCH BOB!
                          Amen to that. I had a chance to meet Bob at Lancaster when I attended his seminar. Thanks, Bob for all you have done, and good luck with your new endeavor.

JWW

Comment

Welcome, Mark!
                            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                            Romans 15:13
                            Deuteronomy 31:6
                            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X