Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a picture of the "trunk" area of a '61 Lark Regal station wagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pics Mr.Steinkamp! Gosh, that was a pretty car; I remember the Ute very well from the time I was able to see it in person!

The aluminum, in a good grade, will hold up fairly well (I work with a ton of aluminum at my work), but I chose to go with wood strips instead, and made them abit wider than the stock ones on the tailgate. Thanks for the tip on the Stainless idea, if I ever redo it all I'll definately keep it in mind!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
      Thanks for the pics Mr.Steinkamp! Gosh, that was a pretty car; I remember the Ute very well from the time I was able to see it in person!

The aluminum, in a good grade, will hold up fairly well (I work with a ton of aluminum at my work), but I chose to go with wood strips instead, and made them abit wider than the stock ones on the tailgate. Thanks for the tip on the Stainless idea, if I ever redo it all I'll definately keep it in mind!
      You are disappointing me, Dylan. Always go with stainless. <grin>

Comment

Haha! Hey now, you gotta admit, dark polished wood strips (That I ripped to the size I wanted myself) against white upholstery in the back will look pretty good! (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I reupholstered the entire floor area and back of my rear seat in white, and put a small layer of foam behind it to give it a more "refined" {I think thats the right word for the job} than just glueing it on bare wood. Oh, and wood; I replaced the spare tire cover, the plywood one. I definately did NOT go with a beautiful Birch to do the job. I believe if it looks good on top, it should look good under, as well. )
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

hope you took new pics!
          1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I LIKE the wood idea! Post some pics of it when you can.
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Alrighty! Blog is mildly updated, fixed (From what I can see anyhow), and we should be rollin'
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
              X