X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondobilly
    replied
    quote:[i] So the lawyers can do their nasty stuff. [}]

Having someone else look into it but give them a dead line.

Rick Courtier
    I have a feeling that someone on line gave them a heads up on the situation. I spoke with Ed this morning and when I saw him a bit later it seems all the offending material was not on display.

Maybe I will E-bay the sirt.

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    quote:[i] So the lawyers can do their nasty stuff. [}]

Rick Courtier
    I have a feeling that someone on line gave them a heads up on the situation. I spoke with Ed this morning and when I saw him a bit later it seems all the offending material was not on display.

Maybe I will E-bay the sirt.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Courtier
    replied
    If the publishers of TW did not give permission or the SDC board then he is one lawsuit just waiting to happen. Check if ANN or Art to see if you gave up any right to the photo when they published it. They should stop at least this one on the base that you are a vendor in Turning wheels. Last resort is he doesn't have a model release of the car so he is still in the wrong and could have all of equipment and money taken from the meet turn over to the court for them to decide. Any case have Ed or Ann or Art put a stop to it. . . The guy is either very dumb or really trying to yank your chain. I just hope he is very dumb. . . if he doesn't stop have someone buy one him and get a receipt. So the lawyers can do their nasty stuff. [}]

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1956 Transtar
    1905 Farm Wagon

Leave a comment:

• Rick Courtier
    replied
    If the publishers of TW did not give permission or the SDC board then he is one lawsuit just waiting to happen. Check if ANN or Art to see if you gave up any right to the photo when they published it. They should stop at least this one on the base that you are a vendor in Turning wheels. Last resort is he doesn't have a model release of the car so he is still in the wrong and could have all of equipment and money taken from the meet turn over to the court for them to decide. Any case have Ed or Ann or Art put a stop to it. . . The guy is either very dumb or really trying to yank your chain. I just hope he is very dumb. . . if he doesn't stop have someone buy one him and get a receipt. So the lawyers can do their nasty stuff. [}]

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1956 Transtar
    1905 Farm Wagon

Leave a comment:

• mapman
    replied
    I agree that TW is the place to start. If you have to say something do it in writing and keep a copy. Put some thought into it and try to avoid hostility. It can help keep the emotion out of it.
    Good luck.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• mapman
    replied
    I agree that TW is the place to start. If you have to say something do it in writing and keep a copy. Put some thought into it and try to avoid hostility. It can help keep the emotion out of it.
    Good luck.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• A1956GoldenHawk
    replied
    quote:

At the bottom of the box around the table of contents on page 3 of every issue are the words "Turning Wheels [copyright synbol] 200x by the Studebaker Drivers Club" That's all that's needed. All of the contents are SDC copyrighted material and cannot be used without permission. That's the law. Theoretically, if Bill had SOLD his photo to SDC, there would have been language in their contract about whether he could use it again without SDC permission. However, SDC does not go after members using their own material, especially since most are not paid for the stuff in the first place. Larry Swanson is the publications director, and is also in charge of SDC's copyrights and trademarks. He is the one who should be consulted. Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Ooops[:I], thanks Skip, I missed that ...maybe because I was looking just below the page title/sub-title and along the bottom edge of the pages where such denotations should appear. Maybe[?] Larry S. will do a complete review of that all-important (page 3) of TW and address the other "issues" there.

Leave a comment:

• A1956GoldenHawk
    replied
    quote:

At the bottom of the box around the table of contents on page 3 of every issue are the words "Turning Wheels [copyright synbol] 200x by the Studebaker Drivers Club" That's all that's needed. All of the contents are SDC copyrighted material and cannot be used without permission. That's the law. Theoretically, if Bill had SOLD his photo to SDC, there would have been language in their contract about whether he could use it again without SDC permission. However, SDC does not go after members using their own material, especially since most are not paid for the stuff in the first place. Larry Swanson is the publications director, and is also in charge of SDC's copyrights and trademarks. He is the one who should be consulted. Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Ooops[:I], thanks Skip, I missed that ...maybe because I was looking just below the page title/sub-title and along the bottom edge of the pages where such denotations should appear. Maybe[?] Larry S. will do a complete review of that all-important (page 3) of TW and address the other "issues" there.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Turn it into an opportunity...

Tell him the error of his ways and swap him even up for your worst selling 'in stock' T-shirt.
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Turn it into an opportunity...

Tell him the error of his ways and swap him even up for your worst selling 'in stock' T-shirt.
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

What has me bent is that this is a competitor of mine, and in their infinite stupidity used the photo I provided to TW's. All the shirts on their table are photos taken off the covers of TW's.
    At the bottom of the box around the table of contents on page 3 of every issue are the words "Turning Wheels [copyright synbol] 200x by the Studebaker Drivers Club"

That's all that's needed. All of the contents are SDC copyrighted material and cannot be used without permission. That's the law. Theoretically, if Bill had SOLD his photo to SDC, there would have been language in their contract about whether he could use it again without SDC permission. However, SDC does not go after members using their own material, especially since most are not paid for the stuff in the first place. Larry Swanson is the publications director, and is also in charge of SDC's copyrights and trademarks. He is the one who should be consulted.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by A1956GoldenHawk

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

What has me bent is that this is a competitor of mine, and in their infinite stupidity used the photo I provided to TW's. All the shirts on their table are photos taken off the covers of TW's.
    At the bottom of the box around the table of contents on page 3 of every issue are the words "Turning Wheels [copyright synbol] 200x by the Studebaker Drivers Club"

That's all that's needed. All of the contents are SDC copyrighted material and cannot be used without permission. That's the law. Theoretically, if Bill had SOLD his photo to SDC, there would have been language in their contract about whether he could use it again without SDC permission. However, SDC does not go after members using their own material, especially since most are not paid for the stuff in the first place. Larry Swanson is the publications director, and is also in charge of SDC's copyrights and trademarks. He is the one who should be consulted.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    Tell him to sell all the shirts to you at or below cost,to avoid going to court.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    Tell him to sell all the shirts to you at or below cost,to avoid going to court.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Why not just have them add YOUR NAME to the shirt as the car owner and
    the photographer, they should be able to silk screen that onto the
    shirt either on the front or back. That becomes free advertising for
    YOU - since you are competitiors!

Tom

PS : maybe an Email address for more information.[]

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires

Leave a comment:

Working...
X