Mpls Back to the 50's show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpls Back to the 50's show

Ok so most of you will be in South bend but anyone taking in the Minneapolis/St Paul Back to the 50's show look for us and say hello.

Ken MacKenzie
    53 Starliner modified

Ken MacKenzie
    53 Starliner modified

Ken
    Hope to see you there.
    Klif

55 Speedster
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Ken
      Hope to see you there.
      Klif

55 Speedster
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

I won't be there since I am in SB, but have been in the past and probably again next year. For anyone in the upper midwest, its a awesome event. More the 10,000 cars show up. You want walk till your feet have holes in them and never see everything!

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I won't be there since I am in SB, but have been in the past and probably again next year. For anyone in the upper midwest, its a awesome event. More the 10,000 cars show up. You want walk till your feet have holes in them and never see everything!

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I'm only 3 1/2 hours from the Cities and could perhaps attend, but I have two questions. With 10,000 (as in 10k?) cars that means HUGE traffic jams which is HARD on engines overheating and clutches burning up.....or am I wrong? And when is the event and where in the Cities is the location? I guess that is three questions. Ten thousand cars is MIND BLOWING! But how do they manage the traffic?

wagone and the OLD R2 Avanti

Comment

I'm only 3 1/2 hours from the Cities and could perhaps attend, but I have two questions. With 10,000 (as in 10k?) cars that means HUGE traffic jams which is HARD on engines overheating and clutches burning up.....or am I wrong? And when is the event and where in the Cities is the location? I guess that is three questions. Ten thousand cars is MIND BLOWING! But how do they manage the traffic?

wagone and the OLD R2 Avanti

Comment

I'm an hour away, but I probably won't be able to go. I've been there 2 or 3 times and it is the biggest old car show you can imagine. There are literally thousands of cars there of all varieties. It's supposed to be quite warm this weekend. If you go be prepared to walk a lot trying to see the cars, since they cover many city blocks worth of space.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'm an hour away, but I probably won't be able to go. I've been there 2 or 3 times and it is the biggest old car show you can imagine. There are literally thousands of cars there of all varieties. It's supposed to be quite warm this weekend. If you go be prepared to walk a lot trying to see the cars, since they cover many city blocks worth of space.
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I think you will supprised on how the traffic is handled on the fair grounds. Just don't try to get in at 8 in the morning. There is even plenty of parking, but maybe not on the streets.
                    Klif

55 Speedster
                    63 Avanti R2
                    64 Convertible R1

Comment

I think you will supprised on how the traffic is handled on the fair grounds. Just don't try to get in at 8 in the morning. There is even plenty of parking, but maybe not on the streets.
                      Klif

55 Speedster
                      63 Avanti R2
                      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Note to Klifton1 or Whomever,

The location is given above as "fair grounds". The only fair grounds I am familiar with are the state fair grounds in St. Paul, but the original listing of this topic states "Minneapolis". So I'm a mite confused......as usual. And is it on BOTH Saturday and Sunday? But I don't have a room reservation so the questions are probably academic, at best.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

Note to Klifton1 or Whomever,

The location is given above as "fair grounds". The only fair grounds I am familiar with are the state fair grounds in St. Paul, but the original listing of this topic states "Minneapolis". So I'm a mite confused......as usual. And is it on BOTH Saturday and Sunday? But I don't have a room reservation so the questions are probably academic, at best.

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

State Fair Grounds. It's on Thur., Fri., Sat.,and Sun. Sat. is the best day but Sun. is the swap meet. Where are you at?
                            Klif

55 Speedster
                            63 Avanti R2
                            64 Convertible R1

Comment

State Fair Grounds. It's on Thur., Fri., Sat.,and Sun. Sat. is the best day but Sun. is the swap meet. Where are you at?
                              Klif

55 Speedster
                              63 Avanti R2
                              64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
                              X