Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Spot The Studebaker .

It`s just to easy . But i see it !

Yep, fairly easy, but wow, that is a neat picture !!! Shame about the rust on the Olds and the Brit-bike being "cranky", tho', ha ! Is this from your part of the country ? Thanks, John

Comment

Somewhere in America . I`m a bad record keeper ...............

Comment

I just KNOW BP will soon tell us how rare that '57 Olds 2 door sedan closest in the photo is, vs. the 2 door hardtop parked down the street!

Craig

Comment

Just guessing but the roof line of the car in front of the 58 Chevy which is in front of the Lowey Coupe makes it a possible Stude?
          Anyone wish it confirm or correct that observation?

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            I just KNOW BP will soon tell us how rare that '57 Olds 2 door sedan closest in the photo is, vs. the 2 door hardtop parked down the street! Craig
            'Can't tell for sure if the one down the street is an 88 or Super 88, Craig.

However, the one closest to the camera is surely a 1957 Olds 88 2-door sedan, production 18,477

1957 Olds 88 2-door hardtop: 49,187

1957 Olds Super 88 2-door hardtop: 31,155

Rarer than "any of the above" would be a 1957 Oldsmobile Super 88 2-door sedan, of which 2,983 were built. (I believe the Super 88 would have had stainless-steel trim around the side window frames, which the subject car closest to the camera does not, Craig. That's why I think the one closest to the camera is an 88, not a Super 88.) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Cool '60s picture. The two bikes on the right look British, but the one on the left is a Harley Sportster, made in Milwaukee U.S.A
              Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by SilverHawkDan View Post
                Just guessing but the roof line of the car in front of the 58 Chevy which is in front of the Lowey Coupe makes it a possible Stude?
                Anyone wish it confirm or correct that observation?
                It almost looks like a '53-4-5 sedan, or maybe a Lark.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                  It almost looks like a '53-4-5 sedan, or maybe a Lark.
                  Agreed, Joe; 'prolly a sedan of some sort. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

To me, it looks like a '53,4,5 StarLight coupe. I love vintage '50s photos. That said, there's a '61 Chevy on the left side.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

"Hey, that white Mopar got a Hemi in it?"
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                      X