Anyone know about this car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about this car?

Seems to be pretty well done, but the price... Yahhh!

Here's the link to more info

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

I was in contact with the owner a couple of years ago when I was doing my Studillac research. It's a very interesting car.

Comment

Cool history on this custom. Everybody DUCK!

Comment

Ugh! I think I am blind now trying to read that horrible text, enlarging it does not help.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The text also mentions another Lenz built car "Goldenrod". I have a picture of it on my desk, if it's the same car. I'm looking at a 54 K body with metalic gold body, black roof. This one has Ontario Lic # 432 HVL. I also saw it in a recent TW. Same car?
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

How can we see bigger pictures on the slide show?
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Ugh! I think I am blind now trying to read that horrible text, enlarging it does not help.
              Ok, I made the pic larger, just for you ................. <G>
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

That car and its builder Jack Lentz were at our Beachwood N.J. Studebaker show this past Sept , It was a pretty cool reunion , Goldenrod was a 32 Ford roadster and was shown at Pebble Beach I believe , Jack also has a Beautiful red 53 Commander HT, Ed Jones

Comment

Like Ed Jones stated Jack Lentz is the original builder. He is a member of the Garden State Chapter. He ran his own body shop here in Middletown, N.J. for over 50 years. He now rents that shop to another fellow and is a "retire offical hobbist." Jack has alot of photos of both the Goldenrod and this car. I have breakfast with him every Saturday so if you really want to know more post it here, or I could provide his cell number (after I ask him if that's OK.). He is sharp as a tack at 81 but doesn't go on a computer. If not for him my 61 Hawk would be junk. Great guy.

Comment

In the late 1950s, I attended a custom car show in the Armory in Hartford, Connecticut. This Starliner and the '32 Ford were shown together. I was really impressed with the Studebaker. I believe that it was one of the only cars that I took a picture of. I think that the show was in the Winter and it was a 100 mile drive each way. At the time, I was driving my customized 1949 Mercury coupe.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X