66 Auto Show Wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Auto Show Wagonaire

Craig posted these pics in another thread. I sent them to a friend who owns a '66 Wagonaire, and he's thinking about recreating the show car.

Does anyone have a complete set of the stainless that's around the side windows? That's standard Daytona wagon trim, so if anyone has a parts car with the trim, that would help.

Any ideas what the wheels are?

Is the color a factory '66 color?

Also needed is the roof rack. I have the 5 slats that bolt to the roof, but none of the surrounding parts.

Last edited by mbstude; 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM.

does anyone know if that woodgraining on the rear of the roof and top of the tailgate was painted on? or an applique?
    I've never seen a wagon trimmed that way. Any wagon.
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

It is an interesting place to put the woodgrain Looks like Di-Noc to me. Readily available - 3M was supplying the stuff by the mile to Ford at the time. (AMC too, I bet.)

It'd look really cool with a vintage California wood longboard sticking out of the back!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Interesting treatment on the rear of the roof....
        (tell Matt good luck)
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Will do! Thanks Chris.

Comment

Note black steering wheels on both cars. Weren't the factory steering wheels white?

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Probably stock 1967 Studebaker.
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10,
              '51 Commander Starlight,
              '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
              '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Anybody have any '67 Stude wheels they don't need?

Matt located the window stainless and a roof rack. So we're good there.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  Craig posted these pics in another thread. I sent them to a friend who owns a '66 Wagonaire, and he's thinking about recreating the show car.

Does anyone have a complete set of the stainless that's around the side windows? That's standard Daytona wagon trim, so if anyone has a parts car with the trim, that would help.

Is the color a factory '66 color?

Also needed is the roof rack. I have the 5 slats that bolt to the roof, but none of the surrounding parts.

Nice picture of the main man, sure looked young there.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

I wonder what they had on the turntable in the center of the exhibit?

Comment

i ,am wongering if the 2 door red daytona is still around ?? any body know raymond wise
                      rawise

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                        I wonder what they had on the turntable in the center of the exhibit?
                        Either a 1966 Cruiser or Daytona Sport Sedan, Quentin. Note the insert on the tail panel.

The image is distorted because it is at the extreme edge of the camera's lens field

'Neat photos! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          Either a 1966 Cruiser or Daytona Sport Sedan, Quentin. Note the insert on the tail panel.

The image is distorted because it is at the extreme edge of the camera's lens field

'Neat photos! BP
                          I'll bet it was a Cruiser since there is already a Daytona Sport Sedan on the periphery.
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander
                          Zone Coordinator
                          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Working...
                          X