Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should a Young Stude driver join the SDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gave my first grandson a membership whe he was very young. I don't remember exactly how old he was but he is still a member.

I also signed him up in the Sons of Confederate Veterans. But when he told me he never even bothered to open the magazine, I dropped him from that.
    Last edited by rockinhawk; 12-14-2011, 04:04 PM.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
      We gave my first grandson a membership whe he was very young. I don't remember exactly how old he was but he is still a member.
      The first TW that I ever received was the December, 1999 issue. It's nearly in shreds as I carried it around with me for a long time. I just had to show it off at school, on the bus, etc..

So I was 9.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        The first TW that I ever received was the December, 1999 issue. It's nearly in shreds as I carried it around with me for a long time. I just had to show it off at school, on the bus, etc..

So I was 9.
        Gave him his first Studebaker when he was 10. It's in shreds too.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

Sign him up ASAP. No need to wait. I was a member before I had a Studebaker, or even drove. Joining the SDC just increased my interest in Studebaker's, as well as the benefits there are to being a member.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
            Yesterday.
            My thoughts exactly!
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
              He's lurked here quite a bit, been to some Stude events and really enjoys them. I guess I'll sign him up for Christmas. It seems that most of his Christmas will be Stude related anyway. Gotta have parts and then more parts.........
              would have thought he had already joined, dealing with "christine". and your younger son would be ready to also sign up...

Mrs. Corvanti wanted to bring him (the youngest), home with us when we all ate at the fish house in carolina beach... and no, that is not an offer!!!
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I figured theat he was ok being a member under me but, its time to loosen the apron strings and give him some rope. What is he gonna do, hang himself???? As far as the little one goes, we really can work something out!!!
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

Working...
                X