Vehicle cartage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle cartage

I have since February of this year had a standing order with a cartage broker to have a '58 Starliner moved from Manvel TX to Butte MT.
    I can easily get to Butte to pick up the vehicle and get it home from there.
    I received three bids to move this car, the outfit I chose was the middle bid, came with good credentials, and looked very promising.
    So far, no luck, and now the PO is getting antsy about getting the vehicle out of his yard (he has been extremely patient).
    Can anyone help, or recommend someone that can?
    Thanks gents,
    Bernie

Bernie, I have had only good experiences with these 2 companies:
    Haulin' Hermits: 417 543 3743 (husband and wife team)
    Peg trucking: 608 756 0033 (Sub contracts when needed)

1964 Daytona
    glen Brose
    Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Bernie, I have had only good experiences with these 2 companies:
      Haulin' Hermits: 417 543 3743 (husband and wife team)
      Peg trucking: 608 756 0033 (Sub contracts when needed)

1964 Daytona
      glen Brose
      Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

I think that JDP and others have had good luck with Peg Trucking. Steve Blake in Amarillo also has a hauler that he recommends that I do not recall the name of.

You have several options. If there are loading docks on both ends, contact a LTL (less that load) carrier and have it moved in a van trailer. I have a friend that owns such a company and he has moved farm tractors, crawlers and Studebakers for me.

You might also try placing a post on the Hauling Schedule on www.yesterdaystractors.com. I have been able to move a lot of items that way. Finally, there are now a number of boards (i.e. getloaded.com) that match up shippers with loads.

Good luck!

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I think that JDP and others have had good luck with Peg Trucking. Steve Blake in Amarillo also has a hauler that he recommends that I do not recall the name of.

You have several options. If there are loading docks on both ends, contact a LTL (less that load) carrier and have it moved in a van trailer. I have a friend that owns such a company and he has moved farm tractors, crawlers and Studebakers for me.

You might also try placing a post on the Hauling Schedule on www.yesterdaystractors.com. I have been able to move a lot of items that way. Finally, there are now a number of boards (i.e. getloaded.com) that match up shippers with loads.

Good luck!

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

I have had great luck with Diamond Express out of Colorado Springs. Email Joe and get a quote. Here's his email address: Joe@diamondexptrans.com

steve blake
            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
            http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
            steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

I have had great luck with Diamond Express out of Colorado Springs. Email Joe and get a quote. Here's his email address: Joe@diamondexptrans.com

steve blake
              http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
              steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for stepping in and refreshing my memory.

Gary

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for stepping in and refreshing my memory.

Gary

Comment

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions, I will follow up and let you know how I make out with these new contacts. I do want to get this done and over with, and hopefully we're now on the right track. I will keep you posted.
                    Thanks again.
                    Bernie

Comment

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions, I will follow up and let you know how I make out with these new contacts. I do want to get this done and over with, and hopefully we're now on the right track. I will keep you posted.
                      Thanks again.
                      Bernie

Comment

Working...
                      X