No announcement yet.

The "Avanti" isnt how I remember it ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Avanti" isnt how I remember it ...

"Cars fitted with PS Engineering vintage wheels"

First column, second picture from the bottom ...

http://psvintagewheels.com/gallery.html

"Studebaker Avanti with 17" T/A-I Wheels"

Doh!

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

They sure goofed on that one.

But, their Kidney Beans look pretty good on Hawks. The spinners are current, low volume reproductions of the ones used on Studes.

Comment

This Avanti has been heavily modified. Actually looks pretty good!
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Beautiful car. Bob Bourke's personal Avanti, I presume?

:-)

S.

Comment

I wonder............ If a person were to fit Avanti name scripts to such a car, how many sunday car show goers would realize the gaff???
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
            I wonder............ If a person were to fit Avanti name scripts to such a car, how many sunday car show goers would realize the gaff???
            I have an Avanti script that I was thinking about putting on my '57 Wagon for that very reason.

Comment

I have a president script on my 58 truck. When I put it there, Iwas president of the local chapter. I have only been asked about it once. By a President owner.
              Neil Thornton

Comment

For those who dont want to click the link :

Tom
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Agreed, Tom, that is one unusual Avanti!<GG>

BTW, always glad to see you post. You are missed here!
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    BTW, always glad to see you post. You are missed here!
                    Thanks Bob, been busy on the 2nd Gen Camaro forum building my wifes car, and thAn
                    there are some people (who I wont mention) that kinda take the fun out of posting here.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X