Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• showbizkid
    replied
    That's quite a masterful bit of work. I wonder who did it? They were craftsmen, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Thats cool stuff !
    What a photo, saved that one.

Thanks,

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Somebody must have seen yours and built a model of it..

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I used to race all the time at Oswego Drag Raceway SW of Chicago back in the early early seventies....
    I 'think' this car used to run there.... But it is/was a hardtop.
    Jeff

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I see "Oswego" on it. I guess that it is the one in Illinois, Larry Swanson's address, not the one in New York up near Bob A.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I see "Oswego" on it. I guess that it is the one in Illinois, Larry Swanson's address, not the one in New York up near Bob A.

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1489[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1671365Always liked this yellow one from some time back.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1490[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	1671364
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• woodysrods
    replied
    Originally posted by Studedude View Post
    In my mind's eye, the first thing I saw was something "Z" car like. No, that's not a good thing.

Once I purged that image from my mind, I really like what I saw!
    That is exactly how it came a cross to me too!
    Cool look though.
    Good Roads
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Eldon,
    Nice car and a great start for a race car. Different is usually cool and in this case, it is cool.
    Where are you at in so ca? Im in the Inland Empire, south Riverside Ca. There are alot of members here from So Cal.
    Keep us posted on some pics.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    The Cunningham does have a Stude connection.. Briggs Cunningham worked with Bill Frick quite a bit.

And you should all know who Bill Frick is.

Leave a comment:

• eldon smith
    replied
    [QUOTE=Pat Dilling;601498]Interestingly enough I thought the same thing at first glance. Maybe because I've had a couple Vegas and always thought they made cool drag cars. If those are NHRA numbers then it is Division 3 which would be Eastern Iowa if it is Iowa at all. The sponsor lettering seems to say IL. American Screen Printing is is Joliet according to their web page, or is that your sponsor and number?

Pat
    We bought the car in chicago. we are located in so ca. we just wanted a 53-54 stude, cause as a child, I had 4 or 5 by the time I was 16. we have a dodge 360 stroked to 408 thats going in the car. still a lot of work to do, as it is a glass front clip.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
    I've seen some shorten cars befor but I really like this version. To me it has a Vega like look to it. MORE PICS PLEASE!!! and details.
    Tom
    Interestingly enough I thought the same thing at first glance. Maybe because I've had a couple Vegas and always thought they made cool drag cars. If those are NHRA numbers then it is Division 3 which would be Eastern Iowa if it is Iowa at all. The sponsor lettering seems to say IL. American Screen Printing is is Joliet according to their web page, or is that your sponsor and number?

Pat

PS Welcome to the forum!

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Yep! The similar arc of the beltline, and the full-radius wheel openings especially.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Then think Cunningham C-3, that's what comes to my mind for the proportions of it. I like those a lot!
    Ah, that's better!:

(Not better than the Stude!)
    Last edited by Studedude; 12-11-2011, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• COMMANDERPINK1
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffDeWitt View Post
    Is "the Vega like look" a good thing?
    Never said it was a good or bad look, just the first thing that came to mine.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by Studedude View Post
    In my mind's eye, the first thing I saw was something "Z" car like. No, that's not a good thing.

Once I purged that image from my mind, I really like what I saw!
    Then think Cunningham C-3, that's what comes to my mind for the proportions of it. I like those a lot!

Craig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X