Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lstude
    replied
    I consider myself lazy, but I think I would at least wipe off the chrome air cleaner and valve covers before I took pictures for eBay.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    I consider myself lazy, but I think I would at least wipe off the chrome air cleaner and valve covers before I took pictures for eBay.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    That car was on eBay a month ago. I was very interested in it, loving the model and color (although it is a shade or two off the original Jet Green in the pictures), and being frustrated with the inability to maintain fuel pump pressure in my Daytona after it gets warmed up!

The fellow never responded to a single email question I asked him, which turned me off. I emailed him directly however, not going through eBay, which may have been part of the problem.

The underhood detailing is an issue, as to me is the right door with the chevron after "Gran Turismo" instead of before...in effect putting it a foot off! The grille emblem is in the wrong place, but that's minor. It is a factory R1 car.

Last time, it was bid to $18.1K and had not met reserve. I was hoping he'd have it at South Bend to look at in person.

Bill Pressler
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    That car was on eBay a month ago. I was very interested in it, loving the model and color (although it is a shade or two off the original Jet Green in the pictures), and being frustrated with the inability to maintain fuel pump pressure in my Daytona after it gets warmed up!

The fellow never responded to a single email question I asked him, which turned me off. I emailed him directly however, not going through eBay, which may have been part of the problem.

The underhood detailing is an issue, as to me is the right door with the chevron after "Gran Turismo" instead of before...in effect putting it a foot off! The grille emblem is in the wrong place, but that's minor. It is a factory R1 car.

Last time, it was bid to $18.1K and had not met reserve. I was hoping he'd have it at South Bend to look at in person.

Bill Pressler
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    THAT IS THE COLOR I LOVE ON THESE CARS!!!!
    [^] [^] [^]
    Or on a '64 Cruiser...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    THAT IS THE COLOR I LOVE ON THESE CARS!!!!
    [^] [^] [^]
    Or on a '64 Cruiser...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    It's not exactly next door to me (maybe 90 miles one-way), but I could be bribed into checking it out if anyone is that serious. (However, we'll all be in South Bend next week![:0]) BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    It's not exactly next door to me (maybe 90 miles one-way), but I could be bribed into checking it out if anyone is that serious. (However, we'll all be in South Bend next week![:0]) BP

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

This car looks familar, this isn't the first time it been put on ebay is it?
    It was on eBay this winter. Same pictures...different seller. I remember commenting that everything on the firewall was painted with the repaint...generally the sign of a cheap paint job.

Nice looking car, however. I wonder what it looks like in person. Fairly complete description [xx(].

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

It was on eBay this winter. Same pictures...different seller. I remember commenting that everything on the firewall was painted with the repaint...generally the sign of a cheap paint job.

Nice looking car, however. I wonder what it looks like in person. Fairly complete description [xx(].

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Well, we can certainly surmise that the pictures were not taken today, so it may have appeared before. However, the seller just registered with e-bay today and has "0" feedback. Perhaps this guy bought it previously and is now flipping it.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Well, we can certainly surmise that the pictures were not taken today, so it may have appeared before. However, the seller just registered with e-bay today and has "0" feedback. Perhaps this guy bought it previously and is now flipping it.

Leave a comment:

• Randy_G
    replied

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Leave a comment:

• Randy_G
    replied

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I agree on the detailing. It appears to be a R-1 car (at least has chrome and the fender emblems) but he makes no mention of that. Is it just me, or does it look like paint damage on the top of the right front fender?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X