64 GT Show car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 GT Show car

Well, you could show it, just not win anything. Pretty car, but show car it is not. Of course I'd love to have a chance to get a shot at detailing under that hood.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...mZ250131363141

JDP/Maryland

64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

I agree on the detailing. It appears to be a R-1 car (at least has chrome and the fender emblems) but he makes no mention of that. Is it just me, or does it look like paint damage on the top of the right front fender?

Comment

I agree on the detailing. It appears to be a R-1 car (at least has chrome and the fender emblems) but he makes no mention of that. Is it just me, or does it look like paint damage on the top of the right front fender?

Comment

This car looks familar, this isn't the first time it been put on ebay is it?

Randy_G
        1959 Lark Sedan
        www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Randy_G
          1959 Lark Sedan
          www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Well, we can certainly surmise that the pictures were not taken today, so it may have appeared before. However, the seller just registered with e-bay today and has "0" feedback. Perhaps this guy bought it previously and is now flipping it.

Comment

Well, we can certainly surmise that the pictures were not taken today, so it may have appeared before. However, the seller just registered with e-bay today and has "0" feedback. Perhaps this guy bought it previously and is now flipping it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

It was on eBay this winter. Same pictures...different seller. I remember commenting that everything on the firewall was painted with the repaint...generally the sign of a cheap paint job.

Nice looking car, however. I wonder what it looks like in person. Fairly complete description [xx(].

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Randy_G

It was on eBay this winter. Same pictures...different seller. I remember commenting that everything on the firewall was painted with the repaint...generally the sign of a cheap paint job.

Nice looking car, however. I wonder what it looks like in person. Fairly complete description [xx(].

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's not exactly next door to me (maybe 90 miles one-way), but I could be bribed into checking it out if anyone is that serious. (However, we'll all be in South Bend next week![:0]) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It's not exactly next door to me (maybe 90 miles one-way), but I could be bribed into checking it out if anyone is that serious. (However, we'll all be in South Bend next week![:0]) BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

THAT IS THE COLOR I LOVE ON THESE CARS!!!!
                        [^] [^] [^]
                        Or on a '64 Cruiser...

StudeDave [8D]
                        V/P San Diego County SDC
                        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

THAT IS THE COLOR I LOVE ON THESE CARS!!!!
                          [^] [^] [^]
                          Or on a '64 Cruiser...

StudeDave [8D]
                          V/P San Diego County SDC
                          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

That car was on eBay a month ago. I was very interested in it, loving the model and color (although it is a shade or two off the original Jet Green in the pictures), and being frustrated with the inability to maintain fuel pump pressure in my Daytona after it gets warmed up!

The fellow never responded to a single email question I asked him, which turned me off. I emailed him directly however, not going through eBay, which may have been part of the problem.

The underhood detailing is an issue, as to me is the right door with the chevron after "Gran Turismo" instead of before...in effect putting it a foot off! The grille emblem is in the wrong place, but that's minor. It is a factory R1 car.

Last time, it was bid to $18.1K and had not met reserve. I was hoping he'd have it at South Bend to look at in person.

Bill Pressler
                            '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                            Bill Pressler
                            Kent, OH
                            (formerly Greenville, PA)
                            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                            All are in Australia now

Comment

That car was on eBay a month ago. I was very interested in it, loving the model and color (although it is a shade or two off the original Jet Green in the pictures), and being frustrated with the inability to maintain fuel pump pressure in my Daytona after it gets warmed up!

The fellow never responded to a single email question I asked him, which turned me off. I emailed him directly however, not going through eBay, which may have been part of the problem.

The underhood detailing is an issue, as to me is the right door with the chevron after "Gran Turismo" instead of before...in effect putting it a foot off! The grille emblem is in the wrong place, but that's minor. It is a factory R1 car.

Last time, it was bid to $18.1K and had not met reserve. I was hoping he'd have it at South Bend to look at in person.

Bill Pressler
                              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              (formerly Greenville, PA)
                              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X