September 1972 Turning Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 1972 Turning Wheels

I'm looking for a copy of the September 1972 issue of Turning Wheels. Anybody have one?
    Chris Dresbach

That was the first issue (edited and named by Larry Swanson). It has some photos of the Proving Ground car cemetery.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      It has some photos of the Proving Ground
      That's why I want it.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris: Are you aware of the extensive, two-part Proving Ground article that appeared the July and August 1991 editions of Turning Wheels?

Both parts contain many photos. Specifically, the August edition has many Proving Ground graveyard photos. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Chris: Are you aware of the extensive, two-part Proving Ground article that appeared the July and August 1991 editions of Turning Wheels?

Both parts contain many photos. Specifically, the August edition has many Proving Ground graveyard photos. BP
          No, actually I wasn't. I don't have either of those either.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            In a way Chris; that's good news. They should be much easier to find if you want to buy or reference a copy; more copies printed and they are barely half as old! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

So Chris, are you now looking for the Aug. & Sept. 1991 issues as well ...or were you just looking for something specific in Sept. 1972 TW

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                So Chris, are you now looking for the Aug. & Sept. 1991 issues as well ...or were you just looking for something specific in Sept. 1972 TW
                Was originally going for the 1972 issue, but that's probably going to be hard to find so I'd say the 1991 issues.
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris: I've just located my September 1972 Turning Wheels.

The two pages of B&W photos in which you are interested will copy very nicely. I'll simply copy them for you and mail them Monday, December 12th.

So you can concentrate on locating the 1991 issues (mainly August, as I said) and you'll have all the photos you need.

These 1972 photos will be nice reproductions as my issue is in good shape.

(Ironically, the fellow that took the photos, Indianapolis SDC member at the time Steve Jones, is a long, long-time friend of mine. Back then, Steve owned the slowest Studebaker I've ever driven; a 1959 Silver Hawk Six with Flightomatic! It was a gorgeous Hawaiian Green car with no bug marks on the front because I don't think it could go fast enough to smash 'em! <GGG>) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Was originally going for the 1972 issue, but that's probably going to be hard to find so I'd say the 1991 issues.
                    We looked; no Sept. 1972 TURNING WHEELS, but we found Aug. & Sept. 1991 issues. Both are in A.F.B.'s collection of TW . If you could arrange with A.F.B. to "borrow" them, I'll be at your work location mid-day tomorrow and could drop them off. Let me know what you & A.F.B. work out before then.

Comment

Chris:
                      I've got a spare September 1972. The staples are rusty but the pages are in good shape. The back cover was folded over about an 1" to 1 1/2" on the edge. It and the next to last page has a small wear spot. [bug, water ?] The rest of the issue is in very good condition. What's a fair price for one of those, if you want it. Skinny little thing. 15 pages. OOPs the staples just fell out. Cool Avanti cartoon on the inside back cover.
                      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                        We looked; no Sept. 1972 TURNING WHEELS, but we found Aug. & Sept. 1991 issues. Both are in A.F.B.'s collection of TW . If you could arrange with A.F.B. to "borrow" them, I'll be at your work location mid-day tomorrow and could drop them off. Let me know what you & A.F.B. work out before then.
                        I'm assuming A.F.B. is Alyssa? I'm waiting on a reply.
                        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris: The 1972 Turning Wheels pictures have been mailed to you. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Chris: The 1972 Turning Wheels pictures have been mailed to you. BP
                            Sweet! That's what I was looking for. Thanks BP.
                            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Have you seen the graveyard visit on VHS or DVD Chris? I think the Studebaker National Museum or S.I. have a copy for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X