She's alive!!! 60 Lark project updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's alive!!! 60 Lark project updates

After four months of working on the '60 Lark (and lots of help from you guys out there on the forum) .... she's alive!!!!! We finally got the car started and running today for the first time - WOO HOO! Just a few more little things and I'll be driving 'er to work every day.

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Here's what she looked like in September when we carted her home....
    '60 Lark Hardtop, Red Bluff, CA
    sigpic

You have done a super job in a very short time. CONGRADULATIONS, and I hope you have as much fun driving it as I do mine.

Comment

Here's what she looked like in September when we carted her home....

September of this year? WOW you have come a long way in a short time. Looking great. Good to see another one put back on the road.
      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
        After four months of working on the '60 Lark (and lots of help from you guys out there on the forum) .... she's alive!!!!! We finally got the car started and running today for the first time - WOO HOO! Just a few more little things and I'll be driving 'er to work every day.
        Four Months!!! Michelle, you not only have a great looking Studebaker but also my admiration for the speed and quality of the rebuild.

Well Done!!!

Bob

Comment

Thanks! This has been a great bonding experience for my dad and I. He had lots of cars of this vintage (and older) growing up and all the great "when I was a kid stories" to go along with them. Getting to work on this with him and my husband has been a real treat and I have learned a TON! This is my first Stude, but I definitely don't think it will be my last. The cars deserve to be saved for sure and the SDC members' friendly help is the icing on the cake!!!
          sigpic

Comment

wow! Job well done, Michelle.

Comment

Well done Michelle, as always, more pictures would be appreciated. Great when you can share projects like this with family. Bless you, drive safely,
              and Best Wishes for the Holidays.

Comment

I'll post more pics when we get the seats in.... they should be ready any day now. That's the one thing we outsourced.... sewing good seat covers takes talent that we just didn't have. They're going to be red and white vinyl - should look sharp in the car.

On we go....
                sigpic

Comment

Fantastic its great to see other women working on their cars. I work on mine and all of our Studebakers with the guys or without.
                  Great Job you are going to really enjoy driving her daily. I drive a 1949 Champion every day she is my daily driver.
                  Mabel 1949 Champion
                  Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  The Prez 1955 President State
                  Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                  Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                  Fresno,Ca

Comment

Man Michelle nice way to show me up. I have had mine just about 3 months and I am no where near your progress. VERY nice work. Its looking great. Big credit to you and your hubby and dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                      Fantastic its great to see other women working on their cars. I work on mine and all of our Studebakers with the guys or without.
                      Great Job you are going to really enjoy driving her daily. I drive a 1949 Champion every day she is my daily driver.
                      Thanks Anne! I love your car pics! Looks like you have a great collection. I am so excited to drive the lark for the first time, I can't stand it! This will be my first time ever behind the wheel of a classic car.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                        Man Michelle nice way to show me up. I have had mine just about 3 months and I am no where near your progress. VERY nice work. Its looking great. Big credit to you and your hubby and dad.
                        Do you have a Lark too? I'd love to see pics. Good luck on your project!! I hope you have as much fun as we are having.
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats on getting this far - first drives are always memorable. Make sure to keep everyone here up-to-date.

Those 59/60 Larks is just what Studebaker needed at the time. I drove my '60 from Texas to Pennsylvania half loaded with belongings back in 2005 and enjoyed every minute of it (except maybe for that 50 mile downpour on I40 that left my hands pretty sore from holding on so tight).

At the rate you are going you will probably be thinking about buying another Lark in the near future...

Comment

Working...
                          X