• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn Find Avanti at auction

Click on the link to View Photo Gallery

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1296072.html
    TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Lovin' the metalflake purple! Amazing how the photos are buried in the middle of a series of scrap metal photos! Yoyu would think they would highlight the Avanti along with the numerous tractors and other high ticket (potential) items.
    Frank Remlinger
    Detroit, Michigan
    SDC# A004602R

Comment

This has got to be the uglyist Avanti I have ever seen. Well, not if you like metallic lavender,and a cream top.
      It looks to be an Avanti in the manger.
      But it really doesn't look to be in bad shape for being stored in a barn.
      And the interior looks good too.
      Not like some we have seen lately,most look like they where melted.

Comment

Malcom what have you got against Purple? I am going to paint my wagon Purple but not metal flake.
        7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
        http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
        SDC Member 1985

Comment

This has got to be the uglyist Avanti I have ever seen. Well, not if you like metallic lavender,and a cream top.
          It looks to be an Avanti in the manger.
          But it really doesn't look to be in bad shape for being stored in a barn.
          And the interior looks good too.
          Not like some we have seen lately,most look like they where melted.
          Malcom - I think it's a white vinyl top.
          That pretty much makes it a pimped-out Avanti, and ugly as all get out.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I like the color and the flake in it.
            Must be a Mopar fanciers thing.
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

White vinyl top, standard transmission; did you catch a gimps of what may be wire wheel covers with knock off spinners. The auction description says "1963 Studebaker Avanti rare car extra super charged " does it get any better. Seriously I am not knocking it. Wish we could know the back story. I hope someone saves it and we get to follow the next chapter in pictures and words.

Comment

In a perverse way, I think it would be fun to buy that Avanti, clean it up, and leave the paint and roof alone.

Then, go to car shows, sit back, and watch people gasp in horror. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Never seen a vinyl top on an Avanti, can't say I want to see another one...
                  It looks to be a pretty solid car; hopefully someone can save it. If anyone on the forum is in the area and can make the auction give us a report on the car.
                  Better yet buy it and share what you do with it with the forum

Comment

Whats the chance theres a set of cast wheels that Studebaker had in 64 with knockoffs ?
                    Klif
                    55 Speedster/Street Machine
                    63 Avanti R2
                    64 Convertible R1

Comment

For you members not cognizant with the designs of RL, this was his 3rd car that he had created for himself. That certainly looks like something HE might have done, right? stupak

Comment

Klif and others,

If anybody knows of any of the Halibrand cast wheels that might be for sale, please PM me. Thanks.

Comment

Wonder what it'll go for at auction ? It dosn't look like the type of auction company that would handle this type of vehicle.
                          Klif
                          Last edited by klifton1; 12-10-2011, 07:44 PM.
                          55 Speedster/Street Machine
                          63 Avanti R2
                          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Looks like there is a blue Studebaker truck bed trailer there also, might be a real rare supercharged with a 3 speed trans??
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Yep Stude pu bed trailer parked next to the boat.
                              I thought the Avanti looked like a manual

Comment

Working...
                              X