Another Dealership Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dealership Contact

Last evening, I was at a dinner party held at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). A lady that I casually know because we are both active in the same foundation, came over to the table after dinner. She said: "You are the Studebaker guy?" This was a suit and tie event, no Studebaker apparel. I said: "Yes". She said that her father was the Studebaker (and DeSoto and Edsel) dealer in Kingston, NY. I will have to pursue this more at a better time/place.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

This sounds like an interesting story Gary. Please keep us posted

Comment

This dealer is listed in Kinston (spelling mistake???) on Bob Johnston's website,maybe this is the one your contact meant Gary:
      Harold Halwick Studebaker, Kinston NY
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
        This dealer is listed in Kinston (spelling mistake???) on Bob Johnston's website,maybe this is the one your contact meant Gary:
        Harold Halwick Studebaker, Kinston NY
        While I was correcting the typo, I "Googled" the name.... Not only came up with more info, but added another dealer Beichert, in Port Ewen
        Thanks for the heads up..
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I hope the beverages were served by the FBI (Food & Beverage Institute)

I am sure it was a nice dinner party.

Comment

studebaker dealer

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Last evening, I was at a dinner party held at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). A lady that I casually know because we are both active in the same foundation, came over to the table after dinner. She said: "You are the Studebaker guy?" This was a suit and tie event, no Studebaker apparel. I said: "Yes". She said that her father was the Studebaker (and DeSoto and Edsel) dealer in Kingston, NY. I will have to pursue this more at a better time/place.

my best friend in high school grandfather owned studebaker of chicago and very large dealer and showroom i was there a few times

Comment

Gary,

I thought you were happily married ?

Dean.
              (joke of course)

Comment

Working...
              X