Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1734464

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic7 12-10-11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1734465

Who says blue and green don't go together. Blue Ridge Mountains, blue water, and a green Studebaker...perfect!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

BEAUTIFUL truck, beautiful shot, beautiful location. I'm jealous.

Comment

Ditto Flashback's comments. Very nice truck against a beautiful canvas from Mother Nature!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Cool beans, John. Very pretty. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow John. Those are some fantastic shots, my wife is in love with your truck. Well we all are.

I have only seen pics of your truck in your sig line....those are nice.

Comment

Cool truck John, The blue water and grey sky make it southern colors. Did you spend confederate dollars to fix them up. <G>
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Wow what an amazing looking truck!!

Comment

Very nice !!

34 Studebaker Street Rod (completed)
                55 Speedster (in work)
                63 Lark R2 (completed, 63K miles)
                64 Daytona CNV (completed, 63K miles)
                64 Avanti R2 (completed)
                85 Avanti(blackout trim, 10K miles)
                89 Avanti CNV (19K miles)

Comment

John, seeing a bigger pic of your truck shows how nice a truck it really is. what size tires are you running,they look like bias type.
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

This is like flashing red lights at an epileptic, to me. It triggers my need for infinite regression (line up two mirrors, if you dare, and leap into madness).

I need there to be a Tonka green pickup in the bed of the pedal car, and a 1/24 in the bed of that, and a Matchbox in the bed of that, and so on. And on. Somebody help me. No, don't make it stop...

It's so beautiful.

Comment

I think either picture would make a great TW cover!
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by temp134 View Post
                        John, seeing a bigger pic of your truck shows how nice a truck it really is. what size tires are you running,they look like bias type.
                        The tires are some off brand, named Power Master. The size is 700-15LT. I chose them because these were the only ones, the tire store I bought them from, could get that looked close to the original Firestones that came on the truck. I still have one of the original tires as a spare (very spare!).

This was one of those small businesses set up in what was probably a former 1930's gas station. You know the kind...where they carry a very small inventory, but the wholesaler's warehouse is close enough that if you order tires before lunch, you can have them installed that afternoon.

I wanted a black wall tire with the little ripples on the side. At the time I bought them, The owner was fighting cancer, and so was one of my brothers. Unfortunately, neither survived.I miss both of them.

Thanks to everybody for the kind remarks. I have had this truck for over 36 years. The lake is less than two miles from my home. I finally got a boat water worthy and spent a few hours fishing this year. So far...the fish have nothing to fear from me!
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                        X