Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker: 100 YEARS ON THE ROAD ...looking for a NOS copy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker: 100 YEARS ON THE ROAD ...looking for a NOS copy???

It's been awhile back and I can't locate the thread, but some Forum members were looking for a copy of the Studebaker publication "100 YEARS ON THE ROAD." This morning on eBay a Seller claims to have 10 copies from an old Dealer's stock. If you are interested, here is a link to that eBay auction: http://tinyurl.com/br9z87w

Disclaimer: I still have the copy Studebakers gave my Father back in 1952 and do not have interest, financially or otherwise, in the ones currently on eBay.

That seems like a good price, considering the condition, to me.

Like many things, I upgraded my copy over the years. Each time that I got a better one, I sold my previous one for $20.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is a good price. I have an equal number in perfect "unread" condition. Still have the original shipping box with dealer name.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Just bought one of those listed. I already have a copy, but it's pretty ragged. I'm glad to learn the "buy it now" price is good.

Comment

I've got at least one extra still in the dealer mailer envelope. Maybe two.

These magazines are greatly undervalued. It's absolutely my favorite printing ever put out by Studebaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
            That is a good price. I have an equal number in perfect "unread" condition. Still have the original shipping box with dealer name.
            Did Studebaker ship those copies to Dealers with "H. S. Vance" signature in them ...or did just the Employees get those? Could Studebakers have had more than one edition printed i.e.: a Dealer's Editon and an Employee's Edition???
            Last edited by Welcome; 12-10-2011, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Is there any 53 content in these? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by StudHawk60 View Post
                Just bought one of those listed.
                Me too. Never seen it before. Thanks for posting!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                  Just up to and including 1952 models ...sorry

Comment

Wow I hadn't seen That one before. Neat Magazine looks like I now will have someones Xmas present covered.
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                      Not to speak of, Tex.

Unless I've missed something, here is the only hint of 1953 model year cars in the whole book, a photo on Page 25.

The caption says, "Metal bodies for design models are painstakingly hammered out by hand and mounted on custom-assembled chassis. Unsparingly tested at proving ground, these hand-built models cost as much as $60,000 each."

If you look closely at this photo, I'd say they are working on a prototype 1953 Land Cruiser (long wheelbase 4-door) body:

I see no other hints of 1953 anything anywhere else in the book. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If you're thinking about it, don't dawdle, only 4 left.

Comment

I didn't dawdle! 3 left.He also has a used one bidding is at about $5.00
                          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Bought one for myself. 2 left!
                            Mike
                            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                            Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Got mine today and don't know which is more amazing- the quality and SIZE of the magazine or the fact that I had never seen it before! Thanks again for the heads-up!

BTW, the listing is still good. There's another one listed too, for the paltry sum of only $74.97

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-YEARS-RO...76888838828246
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X