Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Why do you need five? A set is four and the spare does not use a wheelcover. Do you just want to have an extra?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    I would guess about the same because even though they are rarer, there are way fewer '53's surviving than the improved Body, Frame & Brakes '54's, plus there are quite a few '55's out there also. So it's just the old supply and demand thing again.

Also it was only a limited number of early '53's that used any Tri-stars anywhere, the rest used the late '53,'54,'55 type.
    All of the Vernon built 1953s carried the tri-star trim through the entire model year.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    How bodes that for the value of good surviving '53 tri-star full wheel covers?
    I would guess about the same because even though they are rarer, there are way fewer '53's surviving than the improved Body, Frame & Brakes '54's, plus there are quite a few '55's out there also. So it's just the old supply and demand thing again.

Also it was only a limited number of early '53's that used any Tri-stars anywhere, the rest used the late '53,'54,'55 type.

Leave a comment:

• stude dude
    replied
    I have a new set here is you are interested. I bought them from S.I. when they still had stock.

Chris.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    How bodes that for the value of good surviving '53 tri-star full wheel covers?

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Since the original dies were destroyed for the Reproduction '54-'55 Wheelcovers and the supply is gone, the rarety, price and demand has gone through the roof.

A near perfect one or NOS one, could cost $150.00-$200.00

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    replied
    Nice 54 -55 full wheel covers can be bought on ebay regulary, at a reasonable price. It's the 53's that are hard. I have a driver set of 54's

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    I bought four of my five from Greg Houston at Hubcaps Always in Illinois(?). They only needed a repaint of gold in the centers. Be aware you probably won't find them for less than quite a bit of money.

Leave a comment:

• loc8tor
    started a topic 54 Studebaker full caps

54 Studebaker full caps

I need 5 near mint or super nice full wheel covers Thanks 717-557-7690
Working...
X