Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54 Studebaker full caps

I need 5 near mint or super nice full wheel covers Thanks 717-557-7690

I bought four of my five from Greg Houston at Hubcaps Always in Illinois(?). They only needed a repaint of gold in the centers. Be aware you probably won't find them for less than quite a bit of money.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
    Pictures at https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection and https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

Nice 54 -55 full wheel covers can be bought on ebay regulary, at a reasonable price. It's the 53's that are hard. I have a driver set of 54's

Comment

Since the original dies were destroyed for the Reproduction '54-'55 Wheelcovers and the supply is gone, the rarety, price and demand has gone through the roof.

A near perfect one or NOS one, could cost $150.00-$200.00
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

How bodes that for the value of good surviving '53 tri-star full wheel covers?
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have a new set here is you are interested. I bought them from S.I. when they still had stock.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              How bodes that for the value of good surviving '53 tri-star full wheel covers?
              I would guess about the same because even though they are rarer, there are way fewer '53's surviving than the improved Body, Frame & Brakes '54's, plus there are quite a few '55's out there also. So it's just the old supply and demand thing again.

Also it was only a limited number of early '53's that used any Tri-stars anywhere, the rest used the late '53,'54,'55 type.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I would guess about the same because even though they are rarer, there are way fewer '53's surviving than the improved Body, Frame & Brakes '54's, plus there are quite a few '55's out there also. So it's just the old supply and demand thing again.

Also it was only a limited number of early '53's that used any Tri-stars anywhere, the rest used the late '53,'54,'55 type.
                All of the Vernon built 1953s carried the tri-star trim through the entire model year.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why do you need five? A set is four and the spare does not use a wheelcover. Do you just want to have an extra?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X