No announcement yet.

Overdrive question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The T-86 OD in the car is a long tail shaft, so the short one won't work. Thanks Richard.

Dave, I've pushed the OD lever on the trans absolutely as far back as it can go and wired it in place so it can't move forward. Still no free wheeling and thus no OD. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure the OD in the trans is shot. Hopefully will get a response from the "experts" at the tranny seminar tomorrow!!

Thanks folks!

Rob

Comment

The T-86 OD in the car is a long tail shaft, so the short one won't work. Thanks Richard.

Dave, I've pushed the OD lever on the trans absolutely as far back as it can go and wired it in place so it can't move forward. Still no free wheeling and thus no OD. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure the OD in the trans is shot. Hopefully will get a response from the "experts" at the tranny seminar tomorrow!!

Thanks folks!

Rob

Comment

Ray. Did you loosen the bolt that holds the cable to the lever? If you did, fine, then your problem is in the tranny. If not, I suggest you do, [u]THEN</u> force the lever back. My mechanic friend thought the same as you, and said the lever was at the stop. He was wrong! When I loosened off the bolt, I was able to still move that lever, ever so short a distance and it made a difference.

Dave D.
        '51 4-dr Champion
        Smithers, B.C.
        Canada
        Dave D.
        '51 "Bulletnose" Champion
        '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Smithers, B.C. "Where a Stude in hand is worth two in the bush"

Comment

Ray. Did you loosen the bolt that holds the cable to the lever? If you did, fine, then your problem is in the tranny. If not, I suggest you do, [u]THEN</u> force the lever back. My mechanic friend thought the same as you, and said the lever was at the stop. He was wrong! When I loosened off the bolt, I was able to still move that lever, ever so short a distance and it made a difference.

Dave D.
          '51 4-dr Champion
          Smithers, B.C.
          Canada
          Dave D.
          '51 "Bulletnose" Champion
          '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Smithers, B.C. "Where a Stude in hand is worth two in the bush"

Comment

Working...
          X