Dixon Eye Candy12-7-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dixon Eye Candy12-7-11

I pride myself with knowing all the Studebakers in my small community. Even the parts/project cars sitting out in the fields. Imagine my surprise when I was walking my dog in the park and came across this little Lark. It was parked in the lot outside the senior center so I went inside to ask who owns the Studebaker outside. One of the ladies inside went into one of the meeting rooms and asked who owns the studebaker outside. I did not follow her into the room but could hear the conversation. Someone shouted out - "That's Jon's car, the Readi-Ride driver." I said "No, I'm the one looking for the owner".

I went home and brought back a couple of my newsletters and wrote a note on one of them inviting the owner to one of our meetings and to give me a call. The next day, I spoke with another city worker that talked with the guy. She said he's one of the contractors that are putting in some pipes in the park and he saw my note and would like to call me.

I went back to the park this morning and saw the car again and the pipeline workers busily digging trenches. I didn't want to bother their work but I forgot to get pictures the other day so I went home to get my camera. I drove back over in my Studebaker figuring he would definately see me driving by. I stopped and took some pictures then waved to the guys while I drove off. I'm still waiting for him to call me.

Anyway, it's a nice little Lark Sedan.

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Good eye Jon,

Funny how all us owners of Studes do this, I sometimes see a white 64/65 wagonair in my area getting up on the highway as I go to work, never have had a chance to "catch" the 20 something owner. One day!!
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

OK, I tracked him down. His name is Garrett Bossio and he just bought the car a couple of months ago. He said it came with a trunkload of parts and a stack of Turning Wheels magazines. He's a young fella with young children and he's working two jobs so he doesn't have a lot of extra time. However he is real interested in getting involved and said he would be joining the SDC. Hopefully, he will find some time to join us at some of our events. He has the information he needs to get started and a fine running 59 Lark that gets him a lot of attention.

Looking forward to getting to know him better. I made a new friend today.....

BTW, I told him I posted his car on the SDC Forum so hopefully we will hear from him directly.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Good Job! I'm recommending to the club that you get a 50% raise in pay. Okay?
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
          Good Job! I'm recommending to the club that you get a 50% raise in pay. Okay?
          Good idea. Let's see 50% x 0 = a whole lot.

Thanks Lou
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Sort of reminds me of the time I was approached at a rest area in W Va by a man who told me he had seen our car every year for the last 3-4 years on the highway. Seems he went to his parents in NC for Thanksgiving at the same time the wife and I were going to the Turkey Run.

Bob
            Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X