Frosty's on the market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frosty's on the market

Okay boys and girls, pick it apart. You cant (and wont) hurt my feelings ;-).
    BTW, I did not set the asking price. Streetside Classics has him on consignment until March 1st 2012 and they are the ones that set the price.
    If they accept your classic, the charge is $150 (plus a clean-up fee if you don't detail it before you bring it to them, I paid $35). They keep it for 3 months in a controlled enviroment. Where can you get better storage rates than that?
    They sell about 30 classic vehicles per month and if any of you want to sell your classic car or truck I highly recommend these guys. They have sold quite a few cars for my friends, one was a '34 Lincoln and they shipped it to Indonesia.
    They are less than 5 miles from my shop. If you contract with them to sell your classic, tell them I sent you (I'll get some points).

They don't have the ad written yet. They have just got the pictures up today and I have already told them it's a coupe, not a sedan. And he doesn't have seatbelts. I have always thought seatbelts were overrated, <G>.
    http://www.streetsideclassics.com/sh...aker-Commander

This Saturday (12-10-11) they are having an Open House here in Litha Springs,(West Atlanta), Ga. It's a 'Toys for Tots' cruise-in and the Marines will be there collecting toys for the poor kids. If you are in the northern half of Georgia, NE Al, or western NC and SC, I expect to see you there. Bring an unwrapped toy and be qualified of door prizes.
    Just seeing this 80,000 square foot warehouse with 200+ classics is worth the cost of a toy and the trip. Come on in, let's have some fun.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Whats the price ?
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

I'd go but Rene Harger is supposed to be at my house Saturday with my station wagon carpet and a whole pile of stainless trim.

Btw, Frosty looks a lot better in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by klifton1 View Post
        Whats the price ?
        Klif
        The link in Jerry's post says: $19,995.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

HHHHUUUMMMMM!! I don't see any before shots Probably best, though.

Jerry, We have a similar outfit called Bay City Motors http://www.thebaycitymotorcompany.com/ that does exactly the same thing. A great place to visit as they have a decent turn over and they like to spend time talking cars. Last time I visited, their business was still pretty good and they have always sold more than one-half of their consignment overseas.

I'd be inclined to try this type of seller if I had a car like Frosty to sell.

Nice job!!!

Bob
          , ,

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            I'd be inclined to try this type of seller if I had a car like Frosty to sell.

Nice job!!!

Bob
            Yeah, I doubt that he's going to go to a CASO. ;-)
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              I'd go but Rene Harger is supposed to be at my house Saturday with my station wagon carpet and a whole pile of stainless trim.
              Have Rene meet you a Streetside Classics. I have some more stainless for you to do your magic on, so you need to come anyhow. (Big job. Two more vent shades)

Btw, Frosty looks a lot better in motion.
              I agree. Streetside wouldn't let me leave my club plaque on.
              How many of you guys hung your club plaque from your rear license plate? Always made an impression with the noise it made dragging on the pavement when pulling into the burger joint on Saturday nights. LOL.

I thought you told me that the plaque was in the horizontal plane at 70 MPH. You must have snapped that pic when we slowed for one of the small towns on Hwy 319.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

I believe that you were down to 68 miles an hour in that photo Jerry. A split second later, you were pouring on the coals and I swear you were doing at least 95. That club plaque was completely horizontal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                  How many of you guys hung your club plaque from your rear license plate? Always made an impression with the noise it made dragging on the pavement when pulling into the burger joint on Saturday nights. LOL.

I thought you told me that the plaque was in the horizontal plane at 70 MPH. You must have snapped that pic when we slowed for one of the small towns on Hwy 319.
                  Heck, I built a bracket for mine to hold it above the rear bumper so you could see it. Those things cost $15 back then, that was 60 gallons of gas, a fortune if it wore out or it was lost.

Bob
                  , ,

Comment

Does the buyer get to keep the name Frosty or do they have to change it?
                    I dont see anything to pick on...very sellable and marketable car. I might do a few things differently I were building a car like that, but not alot.

I find it funny hpw priorities have changed over the years, back then it was all about the ashtrays...now it is all about the coffee cup holders....we have apparently just traded vices.

Comment

I swear you were doing at least 95.
                      Yeah, right. A stock 259, 2bbl that's just come out of 30+ years storage. I don't think so.
                      I will admit. The 1000 miles I put on him before I turned him over to Streetside was fun and at 70 MPH he was pulling on the reins and seemed to be wanting to be let loose.
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                        Does the buyer get to keep the name Frosty or do they have to change it?
                        Funny. I don't think so. If someone adopts him I'll let them pick their own name for him.

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                        I find it funny hpw priorities have changed over the years, back then it was all about the ashtrays...now it is all about the coffee cup holders....we have apparently just traded vices.
                        Funny you should say that. On our first trip in Frosty we had to stop by a Dollar General store so OcrappyOne could purchase a couple of cup holders to hold our coffee cups.
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                          How many of you guys hung your club plaque from your rear license plate?
                          That's apparently outdated. Here's the crew I roll with:

These days nobody wants to spring for fancy metals except me. I'm outvoted<G> So we mount 'em over the front plate or on the dash, like above.

So Jerry, if it sells, does that mean you'll finally get Leo done??
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            That's apparently outdated.
                            The era I was talking was the '50's and '60's. You're too young to remember the good ole days. It was just like American Graffiti. , we oldies lived it.

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                            So Jerry, if it sells, does that mean you'll finally get Leo done??
                            Nah, I'm working on the Studelac now. He'll be so much more fun. He'll never get past the simi-gloss black paint stage. Maybe spun aluminum moon discs. Maybe a full cage and lettered like one of my old dirt track cars.
                            Attached Files
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Wow, do I ever remember cars just like that! Ran 'em in the early years of my racing career (mid 70s). Full floater rear end, 327 or 350 (later 383 then 377). 3-speed std. or Poweglide. Wide 5 safety hub on the RF.

Oh, did I love those days. I thank God I was able to be a part of that.
                              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                              Romans 15:13
                              Deuteronomy 31:6
                              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X