Pa barn find... Sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa barn find... Sort of

I found a super complete studebaker lark in a local junk yard I'm guessing it's a 63, but this isn't my area.4dr Blue on blue it has everything down to the hubcaps it has the old school clear vinyl protective covering on the seats it has a little bit of rot in the rear door jambs but that is it complete drive train and all trim I would call it amazing condition I am not a stude guy but I would hate to see this rot into the ground I thought this would be the right place to post it. it is at murphy's in Scottdale pa the #is 7246281610 Murphy is a weird cat he hates to sell whole cars and it would have a salvage certificate but maybe somebody could get lucky any way good luck and let me know if it survives.

Thanks for helping our East Coast Forum Members who may need a Parts Car, or a fixer if he will sell it as such.

We appreciate non-Club Members and Non-Stude. people's help, YES, you came to the right place.

Edit: It might be this one:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/murphys-auto-wreckers-dawson
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-06-2011, 03:21 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Sreamin chicken View Post
      I found a super complete studebaker lark in a local junk yard I'm guessing it's a 63, but this isn't my area.4dr Blue on blue it has everything down to the hubcaps it has the old school clear vinyl protective covering on the seats it has a little bit of rot in the rear door jambs but that is it complete drive train and all trim I would call it amazing condition I am not a stude guy but I would hate to see this rot into the ground I thought this would be the right place to post it. it is at murphy's in Scottdale pa the #is 7246281610 Murphy is a weird cat he hates to sell whole cars and it would have a salvage certificate but maybe somebody could get lucky any way good luck and let me know if it survives.
      WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

Q: Is this Lark located at Murphy's place in Scottsdale, PA ...or is it at Dawson, PA???
      TIA

Comment

Yes that is probably Dawson that is in the Scottdale greater metropolitan area I hope somebody gets the whole thing I have restored many vehicles and this is a great base for us nor Easters you guys can pay it forward by keeping an eye out for any firebirds 67 to 81 (esp 71 to 73)which is what I was hunting on that junk yard pick

Comment

Thanks for sharing this! I'm in NY and a Lark lover; but it's too late in the year for me to plan a rescue... especially an 850-mile round trip. Does make me curious, though.

BTW, when I saw your 'handle' I pegged you as a fellow Trans Am lover Most people I know wouldn't get the reference.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            BTW, when I saw your 'handle' I pegged you as a fellow Trans Am lover Most people I know wouldn't get the reference.
            I am in the minority of your friends then. I never owned a Trans Am, or any Firebird, but that is the first thing that I thought of (from his handle).
            I did own a Studebaker pckup with a Trans Am subframe and driveline.
            I remember a female friend that wanted a car with that big bird on the hood. I thought that it was a little much for a conservative, mother type. She did buy a 1987 (?) Grand National new that she kept for a long time (may still have it, but not her everyday car now).
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is solid detective work with the miss spell I was in a hurry my fuess is that that car will be exactly as i last saw it this spring nothing seems to change at murphy's but the rust Please remember me if that grand national goes up for sale that is top 3 on my car bucket list

Comment

Screamin' chicken--

There's a small dealership just west of here (in Dundas ON) that sells classics in the summer...the owner's personal ride is a '65 Chevy police car in LAPD markings. This past summer, up till about October in fact, he had four second-generation Firebirds out front, all of them T/As. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you a couple pix I took of them when I dropped by with my Lark...Meantime, here's a Firebirdesque vehicle seen at last winter's Toronto car show (they had an F-body retrospective going on). Lingenfelter Wanda...current Camaro in '70 Firebird guise!

Incidentally, the two-door Studebaker sedans (my 62 Lark is one) are, in Studebaker code, "F bodies" as well. Hm. How would a T/A bird look on my Lark's hood, I wonder? :-)

S.
                Last edited by Steve T; 12-07-2011, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X