Studebaker Transmission Supplier(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Transmission Supplier(s)

Other than the '56 Golden Hawk Automatic, did Borg-Warner supply all the trannys for postwar Studebakers?

YES, if you are writting a book, there is much info in the Studebaker Publications, more than you can ask here or we have the time to answer, just sayin!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

In general, yes but on some special orders like a HD truck with a New Precess 5 speed , NO

Comment

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
        Other than the '56 Golden Hawk Automatic, did Borg-Warner supply all the trannys for postwar Studebakers?
        What is the point of this multitude of general questions? If you are just trying to gain general knowledge about Studebaker, get some books - there are many. I have answered many of your questions, but I begin to wonder what the point is.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...l=1#post599374

I think we found the point - nice job!

Comment

StudeRich, Sorry, don't mean to be a pest. No book writing here. The books I have so far are very general and some of the specifics aren't addressed. Do appreciate your responses though. I'll refrain.

Comment

AFAIC, ask away Dan - questions that some old timers may find tedious are certainly useful to those with less Stude history to draw on. I always say that if a topic is irritating, one shouldn't click on it

Comment

I'm with pdrnec, those who don't like your questions should not read or respond. Ask away.
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

i have gained useful info reading this guy's threads and the responses. those who do not like it should not respond.
                  61 lark cruiser
                  64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

studegary, your answers have been very much appreciated. The books I'm reading don't fill in all the blanks, sorry. I have more ordered they just haven't arrived. Thanks again, Dan

Comment

I still say ask,keeps the action up around here. some wonder why it's dead at times,ask ask ask. if they do'nt like it then maybe it should be put sideways <G>
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
                        From the FWIW Dept.:

Sure, it's splitting hairs, but if you're looking for an exact name across or down on your crossword puzzles, most often Studebaker referred to their transmission supplier as: Warner Gear Div.

Comment

Working...
                        X