Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another R-10 resurrected... how great are these old Sudebakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tertium
    replied
    I think this one is going to stay Warrior, body-wise, but I want to mechanically rebuild it, at least for brakes, tires, etc., to make it completely trustworthy so I can drive it around town and wait to hear a passer-by tell me it has a Chevy engine and was built in Canada...

I might have to call it Kermit because that's the color it is...and painted with a brush, no less.

As long as the engine runs decent without a rebuild, I'll be happy. I had a bunch of restored cars & trucks but I have to admit I have a special fondness for a battle-scarrred original. The last R-10 I had was in Buffalo in 1979 and it was painted Jonquil yellow with a brush. I think it's still in the Buffalo area and at last report a few years ago still had the yellow paint job.

Anybody know of it's whereabouts? It was a 49 R-10 with a Champ six, column shift.

Leave a comment:

• dean pearson
    replied
    Cool story and sounds like you really scored.

We forgive you on the Sudebaker thing but,.... wiring eated by rodents has me worried.

Just kidding, I want that truck.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    I have to say, R10s have kinda grown on me. My brother has had a rolling project now for several years and it just gets nicer and nicer. Before he got his, I had zero interest, but that one has made me take notice. Yours is looking like an excellent specimen, no matter whether you drive it, restore it, or both.

Leave a comment:

• laughinlark
    replied
    Thanks for the pics. Nice truck. Looks right at home in the garage. Some day I'd like to find a smaller Stude truck to run around in. Going to be a fun project.

Gordon S

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Bill looking good. Thanks for the pics. John C called it right, that is a warrior from back in the day. I love it.
    Are you planning on a restoration, or just getting it safe and driveable and keep it a work horse?
    Mine is going somewhere in the middle, half ranch truck work horse and half hot rod ish.....
    Keep us posted on your progress.

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Originally posted by tertium View Post
    ]Bob, thanks for the tip on the spell check. Now all I have to do if figure out how to post the pix...
    Looks like you got it figured out! Nice find. That truck looks like what I like to call a "Warrior." The battle scars earned doing what trucks are supposed to do.

According to google maps, you are only 135 miles from me. Hope to meet you some day.

Leave a comment:

• tertium
    replied
    ]Bob, thanks for the tip on the spell check. Now all I have to do if figure out how to post the pix...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• tertium
    replied
    Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'll post some pix tonight or tomorrow.

Kmac: yep, the truck is my avatar

Leave a comment:

• laughinlark
    replied
    kmac
    Nice truck. You'll get lots of smiles with that one. Don't know how I missed your post. Maybe tertium will post some pics soon. I'll be on the look out for them.

Gordon S

Leave a comment:

• ozarkman
    replied
    way to go! It's fun when they roar back to life.

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Laughin
    Here is a link to my 2R10 pics...I would love to see some more pics of tertiums truck also.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-few-ugly-pics

Leave a comment:

• laughinlark
    replied
    Glad to here people saving the old farm trucks. They earned their keep. Any pics? My 59 4E13 probably had a lot of different careers. It has a PTO dump bed that had a tough life but still works like new. Forklift loading marks along the sides & back. Found a roofers business card in it.

Gordon S

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Man Bill, if that is your truck in your avatar, my truck Oscar could be its twin brother. Same color, same year,make,and model. and similar engine swap story then long sit.
    I actually regret not just cranking it over and trying to start mine.
    If you want to see my Oscar truck just type "ugly truck pics" in the search window and look for a thread from a couple of weeks ago by me. Twinsies.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Cool beans, Bill.

BTW: You can click edit at the bottom of your post and it will allow you to correct the spelling. Then click on "save changes." BP

Leave a comment:

• tertium
    replied
    Thanks, Roscomacaw.

Just noticed I called it a "Sudebaker"...You'd think after all these years and Studebakers, I'd proof read the post a little better...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X