Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another R-10 resurrected... how great are these old Sudebakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say, R10s have kinda grown on me. My brother has had a rolling project now for several years and it just gets nicer and nicer. Before he got his, I had zero interest, but that one has made me take notice. Yours is looking like an excellent specimen, no matter whether you drive it, restore it, or both.

Comment

Cool story and sounds like you really scored.

We forgive you on the Sudebaker thing but,.... wiring eated by rodents has me worried.

Just kidding, I want that truck.

Dean.

Comment

I think this one is going to stay Warrior, body-wise, but I want to mechanically rebuild it, at least for brakes, tires, etc., to make it completely trustworthy so I can drive it around town and wait to hear a passer-by tell me it has a Chevy engine and was built in Canada...

I might have to call it Kermit because that's the color it is...and painted with a brush, no less.

As long as the engine runs decent without a rebuild, I'll be happy. I had a bunch of restored cars & trucks but I have to admit I have a special fondness for a battle-scarrred original. The last R-10 I had was in Buffalo in 1979 and it was painted Jonquil yellow with a brush. I think it's still in the Buffalo area and at last report a few years ago still had the yellow paint job.

Anybody know of it's whereabouts? It was a 49 R-10 with a Champ six, column shift.

Comment

Working...
        X