X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 12/3/11: 60 Lark drag rod

Chillicothe 2010...

S.

These Larks are really comeing about lately,this one is awsome.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Very nicely built car there.
      Personally, not knocking the car or its owner- just saying me personally, I prefer the Gasser style larks that have been showing up over these pro-mod style drag cars, but it is well done.

Comment

Easy there Bubba.

Just kiddin, But I like this one just the way it is.

Could add smoke boiling out from under the back and some bugs stuck on the front of that brand new paint.

Dean.

Comment

That car is BAD....... BAD A**
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
            Easy there Bubba.

Just kiddin, But I like this one just the way it is.

Could add smoke boiling out from under the back and some bugs stuck on the front of that brand new paint.

Dean.
            I said that just for you Dean...lol. I knew that would get you to say something.
            I love Pro-Stock style cars, and yours will be awesome!
            I also love the nostalgia and great memories that the Gassers give me....

Comment

Are those painted drum brakes on the front? Please tell me he upgraded the brakes!!!! Other than that, I like the car, a lot!
              Carey
              Packard Hawk

Comment

Lots of really nice work done on that Lark. I like the front end treatment a lot.

Originally posted by Dads Baby View Post
                Are those painted drum brakes on the front? Please tell me he upgraded the brakes!!!! Other than that, I like the car, a lot!
                My guess, and it is only a guess, is that those are body colored disks behind the wheels that keep brake dust off of the wheels. But then it could be something altogether different.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

NOW THAT IS A CAR! ya I got a 60 lol

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. I've never cared for the broken springs look.

Comment

About an hour after seeing that Lark, this 1940 Chrysler show car arrived in an e-mail.
                      http://www.vv.corvair.org/pipermail/...attachment.jpe

Comment

A few years ago at atlantic city auction I saw the other two show cars ( this one was one of three motorama prototypes with different trim options), the talk during auction was three were made only one was a driver ,by the looks of this one this was one of the none drivers the other two were bought for I think 100 k. Or the bidding went to 100k and didn't meet the reserve . I would love to see them again.
                        Joe
                        1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
                        1960 conv R2 auto
                        SDC member since 1972
                        http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/59r2/DSC01514-3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X