Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budweiser Pulls Studebaker Out Of Rose Parade

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-parade-clydesdales,0,144038.story

Looks like the new Euro owners of Budweiser are going to park the Clydesdale hitch (and Studebaker wagon) and not use them in the Rose Parade...

Boooooooo!
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

The St. Louis-based company announced it is pulling out of the parade in order to invest in other types of events that better target beer drinkers.

Guess that makes Octoberfest a good target, these places are loaded with beer drinkers.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Well, it's only 8:40 AM and I hope that's the most ridiculous thing I see all day, Jeff. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Does this mean that from now on we will see the Clydesdales pulling the wagons around as the pace car at NASCAR races? Perhaps trotting out across the field to measure distance for the next big "Punkin Chunkin" event? Being driven north of the arctic circle across a frozen lake on Ice Road Truckers? Hauling live crabs for Worlds Deadliest Catch? Slogging through Louisiana swamps hauling dead alligators on Swamp People?

Just thinking out loud for other venues that appeal to large audiences of beer drinkers.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
          The St. Louis-based company announced it is pulling out of the parade in order to invest in other types of events that better target beer drinkers.
          Don't tell me its one of these stupid moves designed to limit exposure of advertising of alcoholic beverages to persons under 18! Plain dumb, it that's the case!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Does this mean that from now on we will see the Clydesdales pulling the wagons around as the pace car at NASCAR races? Perhaps trotting out across the field to measure distance for the next big "Punkin Chunkin" event? Being driven north of the arctic circle across a frozen lake on Ice Road Truckers? Hauling live crabs for Worlds Deadliest Catch? Slogging through Louisiana swamps hauling dead alligators on Swamp People?

Just thinking out loud for other venues that appeal to large audiences of beer drinkers.
            Well stated John, why would you ever want be seen as a class act at a highly watched event that gives good coverage to the team and wagon when you can get less exposure at a little watched event. Probably a European thing.

Bob

Comment

The investment and upkeep on the Clydesdales is huge. Look for less exposure and eventual elimination of the program. I love them and remember going many times to Grant's Farm in MO where they are trained and stabled. Simply beautiful animals.
              Jim
              Often in error, never in doubt
              http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                >>>Just thinking out loud for other venues that appeal to large audiences of beer drinkers.
                Lest not forget about all us beer drinkers enjoying ""

BudweiserMajor League

Comment

They were at the Thanksgiving parade in Detroit on Nov 24th

Comment

They closed Clydesdale training operation at the Fort Collins Brewery recently too although they kept a team their for tours and show.
                    FORT COLLINS — Anheuser-Busch is known for its Clydesdale horses almost as much as it is for its beer. For years, the gentle giants have trained in Fort Collins for their many appearances acr…

Comment

Let's bear in mind that Budweiser is not an American beer any more.

In 2008 Anheuser-Busch sold the majority of their stock to Belgian-Brazilian beer giant InBev, to create the largest brewing company in the world.

Comment

They were at our MayFair parade in Dixon last year and I spoke with the guy that was driving the wagon. I aksed him if the wagon was a Studebaker and he told me they have several and the one I was looking at was NOT a Studebaker wagon. He said the Studebaker wagon the company owns was being restored and would be out of commission for some time.

So, I DID drive the only Studebaker in the parade after all.
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

They built a brand new facility for the Clydesdales in central Missouri just a few years ago. http://www.warmspringsranch.com/warmspringsranch/#/home
                          I don't think they will be getting rid of the horses any time soon.
                          TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Many St. Louisians have been wondering if the new bunch would dump/curtail the horses.

Comment

I thought it a sure thing that they'd replace the Clydesdales with Belgians.

Comment

Working...
                              X