Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1958 packard hawk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1958 packard hawk

    I have a 58 packard hawk I would like to sell, how do i post on your site 1 352 542 9205
    Last edited by willard; 11-30-2011, 09:05 AM.

  • #2
    Willard, I spoke with you on the phone about your car this morning. You need to post pictures of the outside, underneath, under hood and interior of the car and a complete description. The best way I have found is to make an album in Photobucket on the net and post a link to the album.
    If anyone on here is seriously interested, this car is about an hour from me, I can look it over and give a report.
    Last edited by Kdancy; 11-30-2011, 09:36 AM.
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you for the advice,I do appreciate it but I am not that computer savey. I don't know how to post them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by willard View Post
        Thank you for the advice,I do appreciate it but I am not that computer savey. I don't know how to post them.
        I understand this.
        Start with a good description of the condition of the car - body, mechanical, interior. Be sure to include your price. I see from your tel. no. that you are in central Florida.
        From this information, those that are still interested can contact you.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

        SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

        Comment


        • #5
          Email the pictures to me! I'll post them for you!!!!
          Carey
          Packard Hawk

          Comment


          • #6
            Where is the car located? I'd like to take a look at it?
            Bo

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi this car is in Old Town Florida. A Mr.dancy who is a member of this club and lives a short distance from me just took pictures of the car and will be posting them on your site. sense I only have dial up internet it takes to long. Thank You for your interest, Willard

              Comment


              • #8
                Just got back and downloaded the pictures here- 43 photo's
                http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ackard%20Hawk/

                Car looks really solid with a near mint interior. Factory ac (original compressor changed out but the old one is in trunk), power windows, power brakes and automatic. Some work needs to be done,
                Exhaust system, supercharger and other odds and ends. Could use a compete re-paint and some chrome work but you could drive it as is for awhile. Starts up good, good oil pressure. 66,000 original miles with original documentation.
                Jerry Nowicki committed to purchase it after looking. He has wanted another Packard Hawk ever since owning one back in the 60's. This seems to be a real nice workable Hawk.
                Willard and his wife are top notch as well!
                Last edited by Kdancy; 12-01-2011, 12:52 PM.
                64 Champ long bed V8
                55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well...just another great example of how this forum can educate an old SDC member such as myself. I have seen comments regarding Avanti that you have to choose between the super charger or Air conditioning. That there was not room for both under the hood. I had thought that the same would apply to the Hawk series as well. This thing looks to have every power option and "thingy" ever offered!

                  I am impressed!
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

                  SDC member since 1975

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kdancy View Post

                    Jerry Nowicki committed to purchase it after looking. He has wanted another Packard Hawk ever since owning one back in the 60's.
                    I'm glad to hear that. It'll go nice with his Golden Hawk!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I sold the present owner a few parts for the car last year. As I recall, it had belonged to his father.
                      Barry'd in Studes

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Kerry,

                        Did it look like it had ever been wrecked? The data plate looks like it's been painted over and there's some black overspray on some components there.

                        Mike O'Handley
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com
                        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

                        '58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird
                        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                          Kerry,

                          Did it look like it had ever been wrecked? The data plate looks like it's been painted over and there's some black overspray on some components there.
                          Mike O'Handley
                          Kenmore, Washington
                          hausdok@msn.com
                          Mike, not that I could tell but I really need to get it on my lift to be sure.. His dad had used a dolly to tow the car one time and he turned too sharp and the dolly went into both front fenders and a repair had been made. As far at the black over spray, the older repaint was not up to my or your standards, and at some point I would put a nice paint job on it. His dad used glazing putty in a few spots like the fender repairs and the typical putty shrinkage is in those areas. He said it had never been stored outside and I think that is probably right because the exterior brown leather trim is in very good condition. Also the windshield gaskets were not cracked and brittle. I think from what I could see, it is an excellent car to do a full restoration on if one wanted, but again, I need to get it on the lift and that will tell me a lot more.
                          64 Champ long bed V8
                          55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                          53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sure a tight fit under the hood, and it looks to be near the end of the run by the number.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kdancy View Post
                              Mike, not that I could tell but I really need to get it on my lift to be sure.. His dad had used a dolly to tow the car one time and he turned too sharp and the dolly went into both front fenders and a repair had been made. As far at the black over spray, the older repaint was not up to my or your standards, and at some point I would put a nice paint job on it. His dad used glazing putty in a few spots like the fender repairs and the typical putty shrinkage is in those areas. He said it had never been stored outside and I think that is probably right because the exterior brown leather trim is in very good condition. Also the windshield gaskets were not cracked and brittle. I think from what I could see, it is an excellent car to do a full restoration on if one wanted, but again, I need to get it on the lift and that will tell me a lot more.
                              IIRC, the exterior trim is vinyl, not "leather".
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

                              SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X