No announcement yet.

1958 packard hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very beautiful car, the nice re-upholstery job looks like the Leather might have been replaced with Vinyl, you never see Leather without some trace of the start of cracks at least.

I guess everyone has their own vision of how certain models should look, mine is: get rid of the "Hawk" birds on the "C" pillars that do not belong, and add Gold Fins, paint or mylar.

I like that the trunk is still original after all these years complete with factory lining and correct special Jack, you almost never see that on '58 Packards.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

StudeRich, I especially appreciate the factory air on a supercharged Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        That is a very beautiful car, the nice re-upholstery job looks like the Leather might have been replaced with Vinyl, you never see Leather without some trace of the start of cracks at least.

I guess everyone has their own vision of how certain models should look, mine is: get rid of the "Hawk" birds on the "C" pillars that do not belong, and add Gold Fins, paint or mylar.

I like that the trunk is still original after all these years complete with factory lining and correct special Jack, you almost never see that on '58 Packards.
        I had a late Packard Hawk #549, and it too had the trim outside the arm rests, like this one has.
        One point of the re-upholstery job, is that the top of the doors upholstery wrapped over the edge of the door, with no stainless strip on the top. (like this one has)
        Last edited by bezhawk; 12-02-2011, 05:10 PM.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

The last Packard Hawks had stainless trim across the bottom of the pads on the doors.
          Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

Jerry has already made some notes on some of the items mentioned above. He still has pictures of the one he owned to compare with. Also ,Willard has the sheets of gold Mylar that go on the fins, his dad never applied it after the repaint.
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Extremely nice car to start with......

Comment

Well, due to age and daughter, Jerry has decided not to purchase the 58.
                So, the car is back on the market. Willard has asked me to help him sell it. He has had a lot of tire kickers and doesn't want to keep wasting time --so if anyone is seriously interested in a 58 Packard Hawk, they should take a look at this one. It appears to be an excellent car to restore or driver it awhile and tinker with it.
                http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ackard%20Hawk/

I think it's a good deal at 18,000.00
                PM me if interested and I can help out as I would love to see some one restore it. I can do it if needed after I finish up the 37 Hudson Terraplane PU we are working on.
                64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

I'm wondering,did this car ever spend time in CT. ?
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                    I'm wondering,did this car ever spend time in CT. ?
                    It may have taken a trip to CT, but it was a Tennessee car.
                    I think another friend of mine is buying the car, he is supposed to look at it next week and we'll see if he close's the deal. I sure would like to have bought it myself. oh well --
                    64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

Well, Bill Schroder from Jacksonville, Fl met with Willard at my place and purchased the Packard Hawk.
                      He is well pleased with the Hawk and I am beginning work on it next week.
                      At least I get to work on it!!
                      64 Champ long bed V8

Comment

Working...
                      X