Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration

No question about registration this time....

Got my temporary registration and new license plates for Oscar today. My pink slip will be here in 2 weeks.

I had to plate him with standard new white reflective license plates, but I can change those if I find a nice set of '49 truck plates....

If you did not notice, thats right, I said 1949.

MAJOR thanks to DwainG and Skip Lackie for providing me with good documentation from Studebaker records to correct the erroneous 1952 bill of sale I had. The titleing went pefect after the documentation was corrected, my registration is completed as the 1949 Oscar has always been.

You folks really are great here, and I for one, truely appreciate all of the help !!!!!

When I registered my truck, I had to spell STUDEBAKER for the clerk.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

You used all CAPS??

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
        When I registered my truck, I had to spell STUDEBAKER for the clerk.
        In North Carolina all they put on the registration is STUD.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I guess it would be nice to have at least ONE Stud in our house...

Comment

Yesterday on our way home with the 3 2 door sedan we stopped in Tracy, California to get a new title for the Black Daytona, Tracy is a smaller city with a new DMV and the lines was short and a lot quicker cost me $65.00 for a new title and it will be here in 2 weeks now the Daytona can travel when ready, this is a small world last night I talked to a club member Rick that had owner all 3 of the cars I just got and he said he thinks the engine block is still around as he gave it to an older member 25 years ago so he would have a back up for his Avanti the man is in his 90's so maybe I can get back. small small world Rick is on the forum and saw my post and put 2 and 2 together and called me. happy days are here again.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Kelly, Great News! How IS that project going so far?
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Going good overall. Got my brakes all in, just need to bleed them. Got the engine compartment detailed as well as I want it to be. Starting wiring today with a Painless STYLE kit, but a good one. Your 289 is all apart and ready to order rings and gaskets...maybe an R2 cam just for fun, not sure yet. And finally I have painted alot of the dash pieces and getting ready to paint the actual dash the same color as the wheels and the glove box, gauge cluster, ash tray, and other bits are the same almond color as the lock rings on the rims. Moving along slowly. I have been having trouble with my neck again, so work is only a couple of slow hours a day and I need to take some pain killers and sit with a heat pad on it. Slow progress, but progress.
                Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  Yesterday on our way home with the 3 2 door sedan we stopped in Tracy, California to get a new title for the Black Daytona, Tracy is a smaller city with a new DMV and the lines was short and a lot quicker cost me $65.00 for a new title and it will be here in 2 weeks now the Daytona can travel when ready, this is a small world last night I talked to a club member Rick that had owner all 3 of the cars I just got and he said he thinks the engine block is still around as he gave it to an older member 25 years ago so he would have a back up for his Avanti the man is in his 90's so maybe I can get back. small small world Rick is on the forum and saw my post and put 2 and 2 together and called me. happy days are here again.
                  Wow Bob, that is really cool. Nice see the OE parts end up back together. I keep saying this is a small community and cool that we are all so helpful and willing to keep this hobby going strong.

Thanks ALL

Comment

Working...
                  X