starting new thread for more info on super lark 63V6479

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting new thread for more info on super lark 63V6479

I sure could use some more info on this car if someone has some, I ordered a production order but was told 4-6 weeks can you believe that? any way the question is what day was this car built? where did it go first? I know that info will be on the production order when I get it but need it now if at all possible. since Bob Palma stepped up with some original info I hope he can fill in these blanks. the cowell number 688 early but how early? thanks every one .
    Last edited by candbstudebakers; 11-27-2011, 09:45 PM.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Do we know a (Bob Parma? <Delete) Palma.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 11-27-2011, 11:17 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Do we know a Bob Parma?
      Well, Rich, it really could be PARMA red inside!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Do we know a Bob Parma?
        Ok Rich I changed mine now it is your turn...B P
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Bob, I'd be happy to post or PM more information than I originally posted, but I simply don't have any more than that on individual '63s.

Sorry.

The oddest two things about the car, in my opinion, are the bench front seat and no Twin Traction. I mean, on an R2/4-speed Daytona hardtop, you'd expect it to have buckets and TT, but it was available as yours was configured, and somebody just didn't check off those options. Strange doins.

Here's an oddity I just noticed on the JT LIst: The JT-powered 1963 car built right before yours was 63V6469. (Obviously, the 1963 V8 cars between the two serial numbers were not R-engine cars).

Anyway, 63V6469 was also an R2/4-speed Daytona Hardtop, Regal Red, and it did have bucket seats and Twin Traction.

Then, curiously, the very next R-engined car built was 63V6482; Rose Mist. It was also an R2/4-speed Daytona Hardtop and it had bucket seats but no Twin Traction. Weirder yet.

BTW, your 63V6479 was the ninth 1963 R2/4-speed Daytona hardtop made. Obviously, 63V6482 was #10.

As you say, "everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask" will be on the Build Order.

(BTW: You want to be careful calling it a Super Lark, because someone will jump on you sooner or later.

Only Full High-Performance Package cars are Super Larks; Studebaker identified and promoted them as such. While 63V6469 is a legitimate factory R-engined car, it was built long before the high-performance package and nomenclature were created, so it isn't a Studebaker-designated Super Lark.

Not trying to nit-pick, but hoping to ward off anyone down the line coming back on you.) BP
          Last edited by BobPalma; 11-28-2011, 04:19 AM.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob for what you do have on the car, I guess I will just have to wait for the production order 4-6 weeks "UG" I know how some people are about nit-picking the small things and most of the time it is done by the wishful thinkers and the Avanti powered cars is still more of a super car than the every day originals, I have a 63 Standard R-1 powered 4 speed, bucket seat, 373 TT rear end, sway bar, and radius rods, all a clone but still a super car and even a lark at that, call it what you want still one nice car, thanks again.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              I sure could use some more info on this car if someone has some, I ordered a production order but was told 4-6 weeks can you believe that? any way the question is what day was this car built? where did it go first? I know that info will be on the production order when I get it but need it now if at all possible. since Bob Palma stepped up with some original info I hope he can fill in these blanks. the cowell number 688 early but how early? thanks every one .
              63V-6479, was Black, with Red Vinyl interior, engine #JTS 1058, body #688, destination was Carmichael, CA, final assembly was on 10-5-62, equipment was 4-speed, R2 engine, reclining split cushion seats, disc brakes, climatizer, and several other minor items.

'Hope this helps

George
              Last edited by R3 challenger; 11-28-2011, 09:18 AM.
              george krem

Comment

Thanks Geo. that is the info I was looking for, BTW I picked the car up not 50 miles from Carmichael, California.....Bob
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

'Glad to help, Bob. It looks like the car never strayed far from home. Nice color combination, too. Good luck on it.

BTW, even though it was technically not a Super Lark (as cousin Bob P. mentioned), it's nice to note that it was just as fast as if it had been one! According to axle ratio charts, the car probably came with a 3.73 ratio....at least that was the standard ratio on almost all 1963 R2/4-speed cars, even Avantis.

George
                  george krem

Comment

Working...
                  X